Part 13

The plan has been set. They were going to all run away together, and Jake would serve as their kidnapper. Now, none of them were AS dedicated to the idea as Lolita, but they all agreed. They wouldn't fight to get away anymore. They would just stay together, wherever the road took them. If they were truly caught, they wouldn't fight to stay together, they would go home willingly. But they were letting fate lead them for the time being, and that was good enough.

Slowly, the five kids, (Yes, including Jake,) had become fast friends. They took a break at the side of the road near a ditch to have a mini picnic; feasting on gummy bears and cheetos. They laughed and joked, and, thanks to Jake, Days got drunk for the first time in his life.

"I can shee why they like it." He slurred, trying to keep himself together.

Rosalyn threw the half empty bottle into the ditch. "No more of that." She said. She had become the "mother" of the group.

While Rosalyn scolded Jake, Lolita laughing the whole time, Days had wandered off into the middle of the field, where Hannah laid dozing off. Days was still on his first drunken experience, and, not realizing that she was still a little awake, kissed her on the forehead.

Hannah felt the kiss, but she didn't move. In fact she smiled. What a damm cutie. She thought as Days laid beside her. Slowly, and not really thinking, she moved her hand over Day's. She was surprised to feel him clench her hand tightly. She opened her eyes and saw that they were staring face-to-face, fully aware.

They both let go, and sat up, laughing awkwardly. Hannah rubbed the back of her neck. "We... Should head back." She giggled. Days nodded. He and Hannah walked back to the car where they saw Lolita, Rosalyn, and Jake. Jake had a daisy chain in his hair, interwoven with forget-me-nots. Rosalyn gushed, seeing Hannah and Days notice it.

"I made it myself." She said, beaming.

"I'm not really the jewelry type." Jake said, almost ignoring the flower crown on his head.

Rosalyn's smile faded. "Oh. Well, if you want me to take it off-"

Jake abruptly turned away. "No, I'm going to keep it forever, back off."

Lolita laughed maniacally. "I think Jake likes you...." She teased, nudging Rosalyn.

Rosalyn growled. "Of course he doesn't like me! And if he does, it's purley platonic! I mean, I don't like him that way!"

After Rosalyn said that, the conversation veered somewhere else, but Lolita saw the truth. Jake was blushing at Rosalyn the whole time.