Set Up

There was something about a great date that always put Amanda in a good mood. Now that she'd just had the best date ever, she felt like she was walking on air.

She had moved the flowers from the kitchen into the living room, placing them on the second-hand coffee table she'd picked up for twenty credits the week before. Now she could see them whenever she wanted to- and when she saw them she always broke into a smile.

Now it was Monday again- a week to the day since Sarek asked her out. She found she was almost giddy with hope that she might see him that day, even if only briefly. She felt like a teenager having her first crush and was almost ashamed to admit it.

She walked into the lobby, stopping to get her morning coffee from a replicator. Then she made her way up to the small office that housed her and Karen's desks.

"Have a good weekend, Mandy?" Karen asked from her desk. Amanda was surprised; Karen wasn't usually this polite to her. She was suspicious right away.

"It was fine," Amanda replied. "Yours?"

"Fine. So...did you have any dates or anything?" she asked casually, looking at her computer screen.

"Um...no..." It wasn't that she was ashamed of having been on a date with Sarek. She just didn't think it was any of Karen's business, especially since she'd flirted with him before. The fact that he was taken would probably make her more determined than ever to sleep with him.

Wait a minute...since when did Amanda consider Sarek to be taken?

"What a shame," Karen said with a sigh. "I did. The guy was a loser, though. Not even good in bed."

Amanda's eyebrows rose but she didn't reply. Why were they having this conversation, anyway? She settled into her chair to begin work. She didn't notice that Karen was eying her and smirking again.

She lied and that cemented her fate.

Karen had gotten the idea over the weekend...she would be able to carry out her plan by Friday. And it was deliciously evil. This should teach Little Miss Vulcan-Lover for catching the eye of someone who rejected her.

She knew she had no reason to hate her- but who needed reasons to hate someone?

The first thing she had to do was talk to that guy who worked down in Filing. She was sure she'd banged him once- maybe on his desk a few months ago. She was a little fuzzy on the details. She had done a lot of screwing on desks.

"You want me to do what?" he asked nervously as she stood before him on Tuesday afternoon, arms folded over her chest.

"You heard me," she said in a low, seductive voice. She placed one finger on his chest, sliding it down to his belly button teasingly. "Please get those data slates for me?" she asked, sticking out her bottom lip in a pout no man could resist.

"I could get in trouble for that- and so could you," he replied. He was a nerdy-looking little man, not very attractive, but she remembered now- he was surprisingly good in bed. Well, on desk anyway. Especially considering the disappointing size of his manhood.

If she had to she would convince him by sexual means. But she hoped she wouldn't have to- she was limited on time.

"Well..." he said hesitantly. "What are you planning on doing with them?"

"I'm looking into something suspicious. I swear I'll have them back to you before the end of the week and no one will find out you gave them to me."

"Well...as long as no one knows I'm involved in whatever it is..." he said. As he turned to a storage vault behind him she smirked once more. He really was an idiot. It was a good thing she didn't even remember his name- he didn't deserve that honor.