Departures

Amanda watched Sarek as he read something on his PADD. She lay on her stomach on the bed, chin propped up by one hand. She tilted her head, and reached out to place a hand over the screen.

"It's your day off, and you're still not relaxing," she said, breaking the silence that had stretched on for nearly ten minutes. He removed her hand from the PADD and continued reading as if he had not been interrupted.

"I did not say I had a 'day off'. I said I had no work at the embassy," he replied.

"You also said we had the day to ourselves. You didn't mention that we'd be spending it naked, in bed, with a data PADD," she remarked, moving onto her side to trail her fingers across his chest, and down his stomach...

"As for your claim that I am not 'relaxing'," he said, placing his hand over hers to stop its path downward, toward the sheets that barely covered his hips. "What you wish to do is hardly considered relaxing, either- and also very unproductive compared to other, more intelligent pursuits."

She withdrew her hand and laid her head on her pillow, looking up at him.

"You're leaving tomorrow, and I want to spend today with you. Is that such a bad thing?"

"We are spending the day together already," he pointed out.

"I mean with your undivided attention. I know it's selfish, but I won't see you for two whole weeks- maybe more if the conference lasts longer."

She didn't dare voice her concerns that something might happen to him and she wouldn't see him again at all...but she didn't need to. As fleeting as the thought was, he still caught it over the bond. He set the PADD aside and turned onto his side to face her.

"I am now finished with my reading. Are you satisfied?" he asked.

"Surprisingly- considering the morning we've had- no, I'm not," she said with a smirk, and leaned in to kiss him.

After their shower, they'd gone to breakfast...and then come right back upstairs. After listening to him play the ka'athyra for nearly an hour, they'd gone back to bed...that was three hours before. They hadn't left the bed since.

"Is this all you plan for us to do today?" he asked, pulling away.

"Yes, is there a problem with that?" She raised her eyebrows, smirking again.

"It is not logical to stay in bed all day and remain idle," he stated. "There is work I could do instead."

"True," she said slowly, reaching up to stroke the tip of one pointed ear. "But it can wait, can't it?"

"It is not urgent," he allowed. "But there is no need to lay here and do nothing. It is a waste of time that could be put to better use."

"You're right, it's not logical to lay here and do nothing. This time can be put to better use," she said, and his eyebrows went up...she felt his suspicion- he knew she was up to something, and she grinned. "Which is why we won't just lay here, and I can think of a very good use of our time," she finished, hooking a leg over his hip and pressing herself against him. She heard a sharp intake of breath, and kissed him, sucking gently on his lower lip. He was relenting, because despite his claims that this was an illogical usage of time, he wanted it as much as she did...

He rolled over, pinning her beneath him; the entire length of their bodies now pressed against each other. She could feel every contour of his body, and she arched into him as he began to kiss her...

Their coupling was heated, frenzied, and yet somehow still laced with tenderness. It was in the way he kissed her as they spiraled toward their peaks- in the way his hands touched her so gently, lovingly...even when they were at their most passionate, he managed to convey the softer side of him. She never got to see it at any other time...and that in itself was worth the sex, not just the physical pleasure. This was when his guard was down the most- when he was able to show her how he felt without compromising himself...