Chapter 08

Before I could knock, my pack's Healer opened the door and motioned me inside her room. She was an older wolf, not quite at the golden years but certainly older than my father. Her once mousy brown hair was turning grey and silver but her grey eyes still showed youth and playfulness. Then again, Myra was a rare type of healer she also had partial Seer gifts as well. Being able to ask the Moon about the future came in handy but the responses were usually more vague and confusing than the usual visions of Seers. "Come inside, you may want to wash yourself before your father gets here. I can smell both of those wolves on you and Alpha Ironclaw is not known for asking questions when it comes to his offspring," Myra said as she pointed to a bucket with a towel in on the floor. I couldn't help but blush slightly. Every wolf I had encountered from the woods to her room had probably smelled both of them on me.

Sitting on the bed was a woman. She was tall and built of muscles that were wrapped tightly beneath her skin. Her eyes were the same forest green as my own and her fiery red hair was tightly curled and reached down her back. I could feel her wolf's power that told me exactly who this was. "Good afternoon Alpha Greenbrook," I said with a small bow. "Good afternoon Heir Ironclaw. I see your males found you wandering the woods alone," she said in a raspy voice with a coy smile and a sniff in my direction. I blushed and quickly went to the self-made washroom and lathered up my arms and face. Traces of where their nails had been were still on my skin as I blushed. They were obviously intentional to ward off other males from me. I really should have stopped at the river to clean off their scent.

"Don't be embarrassed Lil' Alpha, I remember when I came here years ago," Alpha Greenbrook called out. My cheeks turned even redder as dried off. "Is that lavender Myra," her laugh seemed to bounce off the walls. "Quit teasing the girl Terra, I asked you here to talk," Myra said not using the Alpha's title. I was about to correct her when Alpha Greenbrook shook her head. "I've know this old bird when I was only to her knees. Probably the only friend, besides Julian, I had in my pup years. You see, I was what the other girls called, aggressive. Although... not much has changed since then," Alpha Greenbrook said with a shrug. I smiled at that. I had definitely hurt several of my packmates from play that few pups wanted to continue playing with me.

"Here, tell your father you were cold. Consider it an alliance gift from Greenbrook to Ironclaw," Alpha Greenbrook said as she tossed me a jacket. I looked at her confused but I slipped on the green and black bomber. It was a little looser than what I usually wore but I was not quite a full-fledged adult female like the alpha before me. "It's to hide those cute little love marks those pups gave you," she said with a laugh. I blushed again feeling mortified. "You can decorate it with your pack's colors. Myra told me you would need a jacket before coming here, may as well bring one I don't mind being marked up to your standards," Alpha Greenbrook said lying on the bed and stretched her limbs out. "Thank you for the gift but my father will be more angry if it seems I wasn't accepting of their marks. How do you know our Healer," I asked as I began to pull the jacket off. "Keep it on. Your father will be mad but he won't be teaching them a lesson mad," Myra said, pulling the jacket back over my shoulders and zipping it up. I swallowed and agreed.

"To answer your question, I was training in the Greenbrook pack with an elder Healer. Terra here saved my life," Myra said as they reminisced. "I told her to not tell my father, my mother would not bear any more pups after me. She is making it sound more dramatic than what it was," Alpha Greenbrook said with an eyes roll. "He hadn't quite accepted the reality of not having more pups, a male to be more precise, and had already killed a trainee before I came. My trainer kept me under her thumb like a first-time mother so I wouldn't suffer the same fate," Myra finished. "Unlike your father, Terra's had a hard time accepting a female heir. Then again, I told him before your mother was pregnant, he had time to accept this reality beforehand. The former Alpha Greenbrook's brothers died before any pups could be born and his cousins were all female."