Chapter 13

The headache that had been hammering away at my skull was finally dying. Myra had insisted I keep drinking water to flush out the rest of the elixir the healers gave Terrance and I. It had helped, a lot. The corset around my waist, however, did not. Sarah was finishing up with my hair as Myra added some blush to my cheeks. Her plain black velvet dress was synonymous with what the other healers would be wearing.

"Could our Luna find a dress with anymore fabric," Myra asked as she pushed through the sea of gunmetal silver fabric. "Are you sure the corset isn't too tight," Sarah asked as she placed a final pin in my hair and primped the turquoise bow on the back of the dress. The silver paneling behind the silk ribbon hid the heavily boned monstrosity that was now tight around my middle.

"The effects of that potion are gone, I'm fine," I repeated for the hundredth time as Myra gave me a look. "I won't drink alcohol and I won't have blueberries as directed even though I feel fine. Healer's orders no ifs, ands, or buts about it," repeating Myra's words as she gave me a sad smile of approval.

The healer that had given Terrance the potion had been executed earlier today. It was found that the mixture was a dangerous combination of Instant Heat and Wolf Extract. Basically, it meant our wolves would be pushed to the surface and our pheromones would be pumping out of our bodies in overdrive. If Terrance had been my only mate, it is unlikely either of us would have left unmarked. Our more primitive side would push through any logic as our wolves took control of every thought. Myra said Wolf Extract was usually used for runts and other late bloomers to push the first shift out more quickly. I remember when Sarah needed it during her first shift, it worked quickly and I was surprised Terrance was unable to shift even with the collar. Instant Heat was a more eastern medicine that females requested to help with "first time jitters." The concentration that was in the wine, it was a miracle things hadn't been worse. Unfortunately for her, my father and Alpha Matthews had carried out the sentence. Their wolves hadn't been forgiving. No one harms an Alpha's pup.

"Did Lulu wear in the heels well enough for you," Sarah asked as she finished with my hair. I nodded and looked over at the broken platform stilettos in the corner. Lulu had indeed worn them in... in the river, up a cliff, and through the mud. Everyone giggled as Sarah helped slip on the more modest heels. I always kept a backup pair of shoes.

As I looked in the mirror at the sea of fabric on my lower half I saw Sarah jumping in excitement. Grey leather gladiator heels wrapped around her as her skirt flowed over her thighs with the movement. Her father had paid close attention to detail on it for her. The beading around the bodice was done with care as our pack's crest was embellished in black and grey beads.

A soft knock on the door had her head turning as she smiled brightly. "That should be Phillip," she said excitedly. Her eyes pleaded with me to dismiss her as Myra gave me a nod of approval. They were done with me. "Go to the Blue Moon ballroom. I'll wait with Myra for my father," I said. "It's a patio. A big fancy patio," Myra said a little sourly. "Thank you my Heir," Sarah said, ignoring Myra, as she playfully curtsied before dashing out the door.

As soon as Sarah left, I turned to Myra and grasped her arm gently. "Are you okay," I asked gently. Everyone seemed worried about me, I doubted anyone had asked Myra how she was coping. Myra nodded hesitantly. "I know what she did was wrong. She could have killed you, both of you," she stated. Her voice wavered in sadness as she sniffed.

"But she was a healer. One of your own," I added before she turns towards me. "No healer would put a future at risk like that. It was uncalled for. She put her feelings before the moon," she stammered her words as a few tears fell down her face. "And she was your apprentice from your home pack," I added again as she looked at me in shock. I gently used a tissue and wiped her eyes.