8

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"What are you doing?" Jon asked as he stared at his friend.

The young jester was surprised to see the young warrior in front of the fridge with at least two bags on her and she was putting food on one of the bags.

In all honesty, the young jester wasn't expecting anyone to be awake during this hour. He just got to resew his stab wound and was about to celebrate it with some cookies and milk when he stumbled upon to that scene.

"Jon I-i..." Ashlie shuttered. She knew that she should have checked if anyone is awake but she didn't.

A few minutes passed as the two young adults stared at each other.

.
..
...

The young warrior was the first one to look away. "I'm so sorry Jon..." She apologized as she shakily puts back the food from the fridge, hiding her watery eyes from the jester's view.

"W-what do you mean Ashlie...?"

Before the jester even took a step closer to the warrior, the girl started to sob.

In panic, Jon did what he was taught to in situations like this.

As the tears of the shred hero fell to the floor, the warmth soothing hug of Jon consume her cold body.

"Shh... it's ok..." The jester cooed. "Let it all out..."

Soon, the sobs slowly turned into quite hiccups.

He smiled and grab a bottle of water at the still open fridge. He then gave it to the warrior who silently drank it.

Jon sighed and said, "This is about being the warrior right?"

Ashlie nearly chocked on the water. 'How did he know?!' She thought.

"I know because I'm your best friend Ashlie." Jon said as the girl realized she said it out loud. "That and I know how Crafttironians are. They made the image of the shred heroes as gods."

"Jon..." Ashlie said softly and slowly a light blush appeared on her cheeks.

The jester smiled at her, a darker blush also creeped out on his cheeks. "I know you are feeling so much pressure... but I want you to remember that this is just the beginning. You will be much stronger soon as the other heroes will be too!"

The warrior, now blushing harder, smiled at the jester belief in her. Unconsciously, she started to believe in herself too.

"You are amazing Ashlie," Jon praised. "Don't you forget it!"

"I won't Jon." She beamed with happiness and belief in herself.

Little did they know, they were leaning closer.

And closer

And clos—

"OPEN UP! THIS IS THE POLICE!"

_______

"Am I doing it right Sir?" Mark looked at his captain, holding the megaphone.