9

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Police...

Running...

Tree...

Marshmallow...

The jester...

River...

Falling...

Jon...

Jon..

Jon!

And with a loud gasp, Ashlie woke up.

'This feels familiar for some reason...' The young warrior thought as she sat up on the comfy bed.

She looked around and saw she was in a big room with some bookshelves, a couple of chairs and a table, some night stands, a bed with Jon laying dow–

WAIT!

Jon?!

"Jon!" Ashlie quickly got to his side, ignoring the fact that she isn't feeling any pain from falling down a river during a thunderstorm.

The girl quickly checked if her best friend has any injuries and was surprised there was none! Even the stab wound suddenly became a scar.

"Oh you're awake."

Ready to burst in flames, the warrior turned around to see an older woman, probably in her 40s, carrying a tray of food. Seeing that is just a woman and not a murder or something, she lower her guard a bit but it that much for she couldn't trust this lady yet.

The woman smiled as she sat down on the bed Ashlie was sleeping on before. She also put down the tray and said, "You were passed out when my son found you two, what happened to you two anyways?"

Ashlie's brain finally realized that what happened the past day or two. But still not trusting the woman, she shrugged and lied, "I-i don't remember... All I remember was falling down the river with my best friend."

The older woman nodded. "At least you two are ok... Oh! I forgot to tell you my name. My name is Tiffany. What's your's?"

The young warrior hesitated. ".... my name is Ashlie."

"Nic–"

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Nick Schatzki and someone who looks like him expect Older.

"Oh good one of them is awake. Now leave!" The older commanded. Both the mother and the younger brother glared at him.

"That's not nice Justin!" The mother scolded him which he responded with a scoff.

Nick sighed and looked at Ashlie who is eyeing them while holding Jon's hand.

"Sorry about my brother. He's an... ass." That comment received a disappointed look from his mother, a glare from his older brother and a chuckle from Ashlie.

"Well it's kinda true."

"Mom! They are making fun of me!"