Chapter-3: Call him Alejandro.

Maden

Maden

Ilian should've known better. He had mentioned the street racing ring to me and then warned me against going there. There was no way, he could make me adhere to his instructions. I had set everything up, and tonight was the night when I would try street racing for the first time.

"Brad, can I get 89 Octane for my baby?" I looked for the workshop manager. My dad owned automobile workshops and showrooms in and around Detroit. Brad happened to be the manager of the Wyandotte branch.

"Sure, Sylvia. It's all yours." I heard him say from his cabin.

I hopped over to the fuel section and and pulled out a can of high power Octane from one of the shelves. I opened the plastic cap whilst walking back to my Dodge Demon, the very recent model of the series. After I had poured the complete can into the fuel tank, I sat in the car.

"What are you up to?" Brad had come out of his cabin in pursuit of some car's music system.

"Uh...nothing?" I replied, rolling the windows down.

"Really? Then why are you asking for Octane at seven in the evening?" He raised his brows.

"Well, simply because, I want to drive. Is that a problem?" I challenged him.

"No, not a problem at all. Anyways, all this belongs to you." He pointed at the workshop.

I gave a him see off nod and backed my car out of the workshop's garage. My matte black, Dodge was demonic indeed and complete with certain modifications that I did with my own hands, it had become one perfect bitch. My brother always envied my knowledge of cars, as it surpassed his, whereas my dad was incredibly proud of the fact. Mother wasn't really very open to the idea of giving me a car like this, but Dad did some magic there.

I honked for the guard to open the gates when I arrived back at my house, and drove the car to the back garage, a beginning part of my foolproof plan. After locking the car, I entered the house from the kitchen garden.

Tip toeing out of the kitchen, I rushed up the stairs as silently as possible, sneaking occasional glances at my surroundings to make sure no one was around.

"Going back to your room, huh?"

I squeaked at the intrusion. I turned to see Dad following me up the stairs.

"Dad..." I contemplated thinking of an excuse but it wasn't worth it. "Sorry."

"You should be, dear." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "By the way, your mom was looking for you all over the house, so I told her you were completing homework at the Clayden's."