Chapter-24: Hurts.

Bautista

Bautista

I slumped on the lounge room couch just like a deflated balloon. Dante and I had planned so much for Adrian and Janet, but everything went flat. Indel Gardens was a place, extremely close to Adrian's heart. It was a part of those few memories, that Aunt Nikki left for him.

Since, Adrian was hopelessly attracted to Janet, we had come up with the plan of leaving the both of them alone at the gardens. Janet would've learnt more about Adrian and vice versa. But, some random dude had to come into picture and spoil all those plans.

"So, what now?" Dante asked, looking at all of us one by one.

I just shrugged. I had racked my brain so much yesterday that I was stumped for ideas now.

"Hey, it's okay. We can go there, next week." Janet chirped, trying to lift our moods.

"Yeah, Dad mentioned some security issue. So, we'll steer clear off the Gardens for now." Adrian said. "But we still have a day to enjoy so let's come up with something else, yeah?"

"Hide and Seek."

A groan escaped me as I heard Dante's idea. Not again. I was sick of his favourite game. Dante was such a kid. He loved Mario over Fortnite, chocolate shakes over coffee, and Hide and Seek over other better things. No wonder people thought him to be the opposite of straight.

"Hide and Seek?" Sylvia repeated Dante's words, probably unsure of what she heard.

"Yeah." Dante said, cheerfully. He pushed his spectacles up on the bridge on his nose, something he did at least a hundred times a day. "Me and the guys play it all the time."

"More like you force us to play that with you all the time." I rolled my eyes at him. "I am not playing any of your shitty games."

"I like it." Sylvia said. "It's been a long time since I last played Hide and Seek."

Janet was quick to support her best friend and it was obvious that her puppy aka Adrian would follow her lead. So, I was the only one who was the outcast. All them looked at me with those weird facial expressions. With eyes wide and dilated, lower lips protruding out in a weird way.

"Okay..." I raised my hands in surrender. I hated that puppy kinda' face. It irritated the fu*k out of me. "Don't make those faces, please." 

Sylvia burst into a fit of laughter, the corners of her eyes crinkling. It was obvious that shevwas laughing at me. Her laughter was like ripples in a still water body after a stone is thrown in it. It flowed and radiated outwards, taking all the others in. Within moments, the silent and dull room was resonating with the sounds of laughter. I couldn't help but stare at her.