Chapter-15: Alejandro Of My Dreams.

Maden

Maden

I walked out of the door. Dad had called me because he had found out about the state of my car. I remember how difficult it was for me to coax Brad into not telling dad about my dodge. I had promised him that I'd fix that huge dent on my own. Who knew dad would go about for his routine audit today and discover my car in the back workshop.

Keying the ignition, I started my old car and left for the workshop.

Dad was already waiting beside my car when I reached there.

"Come here, darling." The smile Ian Maden aka my dad flashed was nowhere near pleasant. The usual crinkle he had near his eyes when he smiled genuinely was absent. 

I gulped audibly and walked towards him. The car was almost repaired with only the painting job left. But Dad has been way too experienced in the automobiles field as he had been a mechanic before raising all these workshops around Detroit.

"How did this happen?" His voice was calm. I don't remember him raising his voice at me ever. Recalling the number of times he has smacked Ilian's head and butt, I'd be honest to say that he isn't a very peaceful person. But with me, he's always been patient.

"I...somebody rammed into the car..." Half truth.

"At what speed was that bastard driving?" He bent down beside trunk of my car and inspected it. "Brad told me, you brought this here weeks ago. And in a very bad shape." The workers in the workshop stared at us. Dad sure was creating a scene.

I bit my lower lip in nervousness and nodded. 

"Why did you not tell me about this, Sylvia?" Dad stood up. 

Staring down at the floor, I refrained from replying.

"I can tell this is some serious damage, small dents don't take weeks to get done." He sighed. "I regret giving this much freedom to you."

I was sure that my lip was bleeding, with all the nibbling I was doing on it. My throat was constricting due to unshed tears. I've never heard Dad saying this to me or Ilian.

"I'm sorry, dad." I managed to utter. "I won't do this again and I'll also finish with the repairs soon."

Dad kept his hands on my shoulder and said, "I don't care about the repairs or this damned car. I care about you. We care about you."

My eyes began to water as my throat constricted further. 

"You must not forget that you have people waiting for back at home. People who can't imagine their lives without you. I know you're not telling me the truth, but I'll not pester you for it. Whatever you do, just come back to us...safe."