Chapter-19: Turning Heads.

Maden

Maden

I rushed out of Alejandro's room, breathless. I clutched the fabric of my skirt and released a strangled breath. The last time I was this thrilled was when I went for a rollercoaster ride, for the first time.

The last few minutes were so incredibly thrilling, it felt as if the world had come undone.

My back rested against his door as I tried to calm my heart.

The first time, I had kissed him, well, barely pecked him, had made my heart race. That kind of a reaction from my body had shocked me, so I pushed him away. Just at the touch of our lips that day, I knew he was a great kisser but I wasn't ready. The attraction between us was already too much to handle, on top of that if I developed any feelings for him, it'd be a loss.

Alejandro was handsome, there was no denying it. But he was not my type. He picked girls and discarded them like they were objects. His temper always spiralled out of control. He was nothing but trouble. Loving him would bring nothing but destruction to me.

"Sylvia?" My body jerked when I heard someone call my name. I turned to see Janet walking through the corridor, towards me. "What are....Are you alright?!"

Her cold hand pressed against my forehead, which I am sure was burning hot at that time.

"You seem feverish." She said to herself. "Come on, I'll ask Justice for some medicine. You have to get well before the ball starts."

I gulped and nodded. I followed Janet into the room she was staying in. Sometime later, the Indelicato household's caretaker came with a box of medicines.

"Oh! Dear." She said, pressing her hand to my forehead. "You do have fever. You were fine when you I met you in the kitchen earlier. How come you developed a fever so soon?" Her hands fiddled with the contents of the plastic box and they managed to get a tablet leaf out.

"It'll help. The fever is not to high. You'll be fine for the evening." Justice handed me a glass of water.

I stared at the white, hard medicine. Six-five-zero. It was too bog for me to swallow. I had never been good with medicines and only took them when it was absolutely necessary. Stationaing the tablet on the my tongue, I gulped the watee and let it wash down the tablet through my esophagus.

"Come on, Sylvia. Do your make up now. I'll help you get into the dress after that." Janet was already sat in front of the vanity, applying a thick coat of eyeliner to her eyes.

How could she act so normal? Not just a week ago, she had been kidnapped. She was living just beside her 'Arch Nemesis' as she used to call Adrian, yet she had been acting so normal. Like nothing had changed on her life.