Chapter-33: Finding the girl of your life

Bautista

The days that followed my picnic date with Sylvia were spent well. 

We were now accustomed to Janet's presence in the mansion and we had accepted her presence in our lives. Adrian and Janet had jumped leaps in their relationship and along with Sylvia we hatched a plan to get those two to go on a date. 

First off, it took us centuries to get Adrian to agree that he liked Janet, then it took us a few more centuries to get him to accept the fact that she liked him back. When all these formalities were taken care of, I called Sylvia to take some advice from her.

"You sure, I don't need to come there and help you guys?" She asked over the phone.

"I'm sure. Dante and I will manage just fine. But you are always welcome here, if you want to come."

"Alright. I know Dante is a good cook. Even if he wasn't, Janet is a big foodie, she'll eat anything you give to her."

"That's good. So, no allergies, right? Dante said he'd be using some native Mexican ingredients and some people are allergic to them so.."

"No. She's isn't allergic to anything."

"Okay. If there's anything else you think we can do, please tell us before seven."

"No, I think, you've pretty much planned Janet's dream date." Sylvia seemed really happy over the phone.

I could've asked her to come and help us but purposefully didn't. I felt that I was spending way too much time with her and because of that, I was always thinking about her.

I had never been so preoccupied with a girl's thoughts like this before and to be honest, I was scared of this new predicament. So, I had decided to stay away from Sylvia as I felt that this was the best way to get her off my mind.

"No allergies." I re-entered the kitchen to inform Dante about my new findings. "You can cook what you want."

"Really?" Dante wiped the sweat off his forehead with his arms and went back to kneading his dough. "So, I can finally serve Janet my kind of nachos."

"I hope you're making surplus food, since we'll binge eat while watching Game of thrones." I moved towards Dante's side of the kitchen island and rested my body on it.

"Yeah, of course." Dante looked at me and smirked. "Adrian and Janet are going to be busy tonight, so we're going to get bored anyways."

I chuckled at his dig at the couple. "I wonder what they'd be busy with."

And both of us began snickering to ourselves.

"Stop being judgemental assholes and prepare for my date."

We stopped only after being caught by Adrian.

"I can't believe, you guys bitch behind my back." He slapped my shoulder hard and went on to smack Dante's head.

"Hey..." Dante complained while rubbing his head. "We were not bitching about you and I'll be able to prepare for your date only if you don't distract me."