Chapter-21: Hiding Behind Smiles.

Maden

I slammed the driver seat's door shut. I was at the same place again. Autumn leaves crunched under my shoes, as I made my way to to her. I climbed the hill beyond which she was laid to rest.

A sob wrecked my body before I reached the white marble.

"Gen..." My knees collapsed beside her stone. "Why? Why did you have to go so soon?"

There were moments when I tried to remember what happened, those moments left me with nothing but panic attacks.

Alejandro was right. Only if I had a twin, only if Genelia was alive, things could've been different. There was no one like her. We were identical yet the was different in so many ways. She was exactly like the daughter mother wanted.

I am sure everybody wished gor Genelia to be alive, especially over me. I knew I was a brat from the start, hell even I would've preferred for Genelia to be alive instead.

My finger drew circles on the white marble. The flowers that I had brought last time, had withered completely and were littered around. I sat with my back against the stone, gazing at the seemingly empty graveyard.

Days after the accident, I had woken up in a hospital only to realize that my sister was dead. At first, nothing changed. My mind couldn't process the information. There were times when mother burst into tears seeing my face.

For me, it felt as if I lacked something. There has always been this hollow feeling inside my heart. That hole filled whenever I sat in our old room, and flipped through albums. But it wasn't same. I knew I could never really fill that hole. Genelia was a part of me, and when she left, she took that part along with her. Thus, I can never be complete.

Dawn had arrived long back, now the clear sky was merging into darkness. Mosquitoes had arrived as well. I got up from beside her stone and decided to make my way towards my car.

Climbing the hill took at least ten minutes of mine and on reaching the top I turned back. Just to take another look at her. The white was clear even in the dark. It was first time in years, that I realized how high the hill was. My feet moved towards the edge as my eyes stared at the foot of the hill.

Suddenly, the wind was knocked out my lungs and my knees gave up. If I would've been even an inch closer to the edge, I would've fallen down straight to my death.

My vision was blurring and I was trying hard to focus. Jabs of pain hit my chest and my hand immediately went to the affected area. Something was wrong with me. I wanted to scream but no voice came out. So much was happening and I didn't know what was wrong.

I felt something buzz in my pocket. I dragged it out. I must've pressed something because the very next moment I heard someone.

"Sylvia! Sylvia?"

I tried to focus but couldn't recognize who it was.

"Help." I barely managed to whisper. "Please...I...I'm dying."

I was. I was dying. I wanted to die.

"Where are you!" The other person was screaming at me. "Tell me, please."

"Genelia..." I replied.

The pain in my chest had doubled and it was becoming impossible yo bear. My head hurt like it was about to burst too. I could feel the liquid trickling down my cheeks.

I was going to die.

"H...help...please..." I said.

There was no voice anymore. There was nobody who could help me anymore.