Chapter-16: Dumb and Dumber.

Bautista

I blinked a few times as mind and heart tried to adjust to the shock. I was a fucking dumbass and there was no doubt about it. But there's always this person in your life who's even bigger dumbass than you yourself.

I'd share the name of such a person in my life.

Sylvia Maden.

Lying beside the pavement, her eyes staring at me without focus, she was mumbling something incorrigible.

What had happened in the past few minutes was something that seemed beyond my cognition.

Me, blindly walking on the road. Adrian and Dante shouting at me. Someone colliding with me and taking me down with them. A car whoosing past us and Sylvia lying under me.

I had no idea what the actual fuck had happened.

"Alejandro!" Somebody's hand touched my shoulder but my mind was not track.

I shut my eyes tightly, trying to comprehend the situation. Once I opened them, her face was the first thing I saw.

She was batting her eyelids, probably trying to stay awake.

"Sylvia?" I placed my hands on the either sides of her face.

From my peripheral vision I saw Dante sut beside me and inspect Sylvia's wrist.

She mumbled something but it was too incorrigible for me to understand. "Sylvia..." I placed my hand under her head and pulled her towards me. "Hey...it's okay. You'll be fine." I whispered.

"She's hit her head on the pavement, Alejandro." Dante touched the sides of her head to look for any signs of bleeding. "There's no blood. I just hope it's not a concussion."

"Her back took the hit, first, her head just brushed it lightly." Adrian too bent down beside me.

Sylvia's lips moved. She was desperately trying to convey something.

"What's she trying to say?" Dante looked at me. Nodding at him, I bent my head and put my ears close to her lips.

Her breath fanned my ear. "Ki...Kiss me."

My heart stopped. I gulped audibly and pulled back.

"What's she saying?" Dante asked again. Adrian too was expecting me to answer.