Chapter-8: Shred.

Bautista

Bautista

Our first day at the new school turned out to be pretty disastrous. As time passed on, my head started developing a dull ache that had no intention of subsiding anytime soon. If all this wasn't enough, I was assigned another task of providing medical treatment to my best friend.

"You are fucking stupid." I threw a look of disappointment at Adrian while my hands wrapped a bandage around his knuckles. 

He rolled his eyes at me. 

"You've have been repeating the same god damned sentence for ten tiring minutes. You gotta improve your vocabulary." 

"You got beat up by a girl? Seriously? I thought you were the best fighter amongst us." 

"I did not get beat up, I tripped down the stairs." He growled out at me. "And as far as getting beat up by a girl is concerned, I would like to remind you about the current status of your sports car that was smashed to shit by a girl."

Adrian Indelicato was never a great person if you got on his bad side which I had currently stumbled upon. My best friend fiercely protected his ego and was quick with insults, whereas I, well I usually had to pick up insults from the internet.

"Cat got your tongue? What was the name of the girl? Syl, right? You might..."

I cut him with a groan before he could sprinkle more salt on my wounds.

"I am sorry, mejor amiga. Don't bring up those painful memories." I taped the end of the bandage against his hand.

"That's what I thought."

The best way to protect yourself from Adrian was to let him win. Because he probably had an OCD with winning. He was as dominating as his father, if not less. Dante and I waited desperately for someone who could put him back in his place, as neither of us could do so.

"You filled up for the spot on the team?" He asked while inspecting his knuckles.

"Yeah. They had two spots to fill. I had put your name along with mine." I replied, closing the first aid box.

"What about Dante?"

"The coach said he would observe us three in the training today and would accordingly decide who'll be in the extras." 

"None of us would be in the extras. This coach would take out someone from the team to make space for us once he sees us play." Adrian stood from ER room couch and headed for the door. "Ask Jamie to get our kits."

"A'right. " I followed him out of the room.

The rest of the day passed in a blur. Most of the Monday classes were boring, I slept through the majority of them. 

The football ground at Theodore High was impressive not just because of its size but because of the views around it. One side of the ground was flanked by Pierson Lake and the other side was bordered by the Theodore Forest.