Chapter-31: Stars and Empty Skies.

Bautista

I paced around my room, restless.

A day had passed since the party and I was helping Diego and Camila pack their things. While, I marched around my room with a bundle of Diego's clothes, my mind swirled with all sorts of weird thoughts.

I couldn't sleep at all last night for the same reason. Just like almost everyday in the past one month, Sylvia managed to occupy majority of my thinking time. And the question whether we had actually had sex the other day or not, made me go crazy.

The fact that I didn't remember shit about it made me even more mad. How could I be so stupid to not remember having had sex with Sylvia? She was the least approachable girl I had met in my eighteen years of life and having physical relations with her was something that I couldn't even imagine.

"Is something bothering you, Alejandro?" My cousin, Camila entered my room.

I turned around to face her. "No."

"You can tell me, you know. Confianza. Trust is very important, brother."

Mexicans have large extended families and mine was no different. My dad is youngest among his five siblings and my mom, the eldest among the three sisters my grandma gave birth to. I have two aunts and two uncles from my father's side and two aunts from my mother's side. This meant that I had many cousins.

But among all of them, Diego and Camila were my favourites. They were birthed by my favourite aunt and my mother's younger sister, Chavela. She had married before my mother, while she was pregnant with Diego. My mom had married a year later than her and had me in the subsequent year. My parents had been dating for 5 years before that, Alana had been a product of that relationship.

"There's nothing you need to worry about, Camila. I'm fine."

"What's with you and Sylvia? You've been dodging all questions about her." Camila supported her weight against my study table and quirked her brows.

"What about her?" I asked back.

"I know that Janet is with Adrian, Dante has no romantic interest in Sylvia, that leaves you. So, I want to know what's going on between you and Sylvia?" She continued.

"There's nothing going on between us, Cam."

"And you're stressed about the same? That there's nothing going on between you two but you want it to."

"What are you talking about? See, I don't want anything to go on between Sylvia and I." I clenched and unclenched my fists in frustration. "And, stop irritating me, Camila. Find someone else to bother."

I looked at how my cousin opened and closed her mouth and no words came out of her mouth. Without saying anything to me, she headed towards the door but turned around right at the door.

"Pendejo!"

Asshole.

I rolled my eyes at her curse. She was still a kid.

But her words held weight. I did want something to go on between me and Sylvia. But then again, she drove me crazy in all sorts of wrongs ways. I was just so confused about the whole thing that I decided to call my mother.