Sticking My Foot In My Mouth

A/N: Sorry, I know this update was pretty late, but with finals coming up and everythig, it's just hard to do everything on my list.

Recap:

I saw Adam's fist go straight at Chace's stomach and jumped in between the two. With an impossible force Adam's fist struck me directly into the stomach and I fell down immediately.

"Oh, shit! Skye are you okay?" Adam kneeled down next to me.

I groaned and clutched my stomach. "What is wrong with the two of you?"

"We-" Chace began, but I interrupted him.

"Just go away!" I screamed, "Both of you! Now!"

Chace's POV

How did this happen? I groaned. How did I end up sitting on the couch with an ice pack on my head next to my best friend after we beat each other up over his sister? I had to admit Skye was something. Not only did she put up with all the crappy things I'd done to her- apparently not as well as I thought- but she took that punch like a man. She did fall, but Adam's punches were like compact cinderblocks coming at you. Particularly when he's mad. A lesson I wish I hadn't had to just learn.

"About me and Skye-," I began.

Adam interrupted me with a growl, "Shut up."

I turned my head towards Adam. I sighed, "Look dude, I'm sorry. It's just I really like your sister."

He turned his head to glare at me before accusing me, "You made her want to kill herself."

"You punched her!" I retorted defensively. He was about to reply when we heard the door swing open. I prayed it wasn't Mr. and Mrs. Barker.

It wasn't their parents. It was Jake. I grimaced. I should've been more specific with my prayers. I almost couldn't handle the idea of Skye seeing him right after we had a fight.

"Hey," he ignored our current appearence and asked, "Is Skye upstairs? I got a call from her saying to come over."

"Yeah," Adam sighed in pain and nodded his head to the stairs.

"Thanks," he grinned and walked upstairs.

My heart stung. Skye hated me and was in pain and he was going to get her. She was going to love him for saving her from me. Jealousy rushed through my veins as I thought about all the times he would get to kiss her and comfort her. And of course he'd get to sleep with her again. He'd get to see her naked and make her- Oh god I thought I was going to be sick.

I scowled. Adam rolled his eyes at me, "What, now you have a problem with Jake?"

"I do not have a problem with Jake," I stated defensively.

He gave me a disbelieving look, "Yeah, okay."

"I don't!" I exclaimed.

"So that explains the 'I-want-to-rip-a-head-off-right-now' look," he said condesendingly.

"Maybe I want to rip your head off," I snapped stupidly. I was really sticking my foot in my mouth that night.

He raised an eyebrow at how ridiculous I was being. "You have a problem with Jake because of Skye?"

"I do not."

"Do too. Why though?"

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"He slept with Skye!" I screamed. Oh god! I scolded myself. Why couldn't I control my mouth tonight? Skye was officially going to hate me forever.

I leaned my head back against the couch.

"Skye's not a... you mean he's seen her... What?" Adam whispered.

"You're not going to kill him?" I asked slightly disappointed and slightly relieved.

"No," he whispered again, "That was Skye's choice, I guess."

My jaw dropped and I felt furious, "So I get beaten up for liking your sister, but Jake gets a pat on the freaking back?"

"Maybe if you told me how you felt like he didn't you wouldn't have," he shrugged.

"He told you he liked her?"

"Yeah."

"Oh."

Skye, Jake, and Aaron came walking down the stairs.

"I'm staying at Aaron's tonight," Skye announced to, I assumed, Adam.

He nodded, "I love you Skye."

"Love you too," she smiled.

So Jake got a pat on the back and Skye, Adam got an I love you, and I got a black eye.

Life stinks.

"Bye Skye," I smiled wearily. She ignored me and left with them.

"Nice try," Adam smiled.

"Shut up," I grinned. We were teasing each other again. At least we were back to normal.

A/N: I feel like I haven't done a chapter in Chace's POV in forever. Comment, vote, and fan!