Zealous

Author's Notes:

Hey guys! This a collection of interconnected short stories using one word to represent each letter in the alphabet. It's arranged in chronological order (except for the first one since it's a peek into the future).

This story was also entered in a competition called "Naruto Online First Year Anniversary Fanfic Contest" where I won first place. :)

Anyway, have fun reading. ^^

---

Voiceless

Zealous

"Aside from her expertise in business, she is known for being the author of one of the best open letters of all time from her book 'A Collection of Open Letters' titled 'To The Guy Who Always Faked His Smile'-"

The voice then continues announcing my achievements and while waiting for my cue to go up the stage, I look around. Hundreds of people attended my book signing event. I honestly didn't expect that one day, I'd be here. Before, I only had a few readers. Now, I had millions.

A flash of white hair caught my attention and I blink in surprise. My heart swells up with an indescribable feeling. My legs are moving on its own as I make my way to the guy. But as soon as I get nearer and nearer, the feeling in my heart slowly dissipates.

Sighing, I go back to my spot earlier. And there it is. The cue has been given.

"Let's all welcome, Dawn Hirawa!"

Deafening applause greets me as I make my way up the stage. Putting the white hair at the back of my mind, I smile and say, "Wow. Thank you so much for being here. I really appreciate it. Thank you all for your unconditional support. I hope this book that I wrote touched your heart and will continue to influence others positively. This is why I write after all. I want to make you feel that you're not alone. That someone out there has a similar situation as you are. I hope that this book will be able to cheer you up. Anyway, you're here with me today to talk and enjoy the beauty of reading. For now, let's start with Q&A. All of your questions will be entertained. So feel free to ask."

I then take a seat and adjust the mic in front of me. This is it. I breathe deeply. I hope they won't ask too many weird questions.

"Which do you prefer: being an author or a businesswoman?"

"Why not both?" I reply.

"Is it true that Dawn Hirawa is your pseudonym?"

I laugh. "That, my friend, will be answered by time itself."

I knew it. I knew they would inquire these things. I sigh. "One question left. And the one who'll ask is..."

I look among the crowd and see a teenage girl slightly cowering. She is breathing too deeply and she keeps on readjusting her glasses. Her raised hand is not that high either. She must be very shy.

"You, the beautiful girl wearing glasses." I then beckon her to speak, trying to reassure her.

She takes a mic and ask, "Do-Dawn-sensei! You're known for your stories that can touch the reader's hearts. And you've touched mine countless of times. When I feel down, I just read your books and somehow, I'll feel better. Now, I'm wondering if... If - Can you tell us a story?"

My eyes slightly widen and I smile. "A story, huh? Well this is going to be long so bear with me. Let me tell you the story of my two friends."

---

Time to go back to the past where everything began~