Mean

Mean

"No." He just said after his rival asked him for the nth time to do some missions with her.

"Ohh come on! Don't be like that Will! Let's go." She pouted.

He sighed. This was hard. Da** it. Please don't make it more difficult.

"I said no." He forced his mouth to say it even though he was slowly getting pulled from her puppy dog eyes at the moment. No, he couldn't let himself to be always available when she needed him. No way.

She then sighed. "Fine. See you around." And she left dejectedly.

His heart slightly ached but he forced himself not to mind it. This was the cost. He felt so regretful and heartbroken he couldn't bring himself to be closer to her again. He would just let her get farther and farther away from him. This was for the best. He already gave up. This was the best way for him to move on from her.

This continued for a while till it became a daily routine for him to tease, insult, and bully her. He knew he was hurting her feelings. She was so easy to read after all. She couldn't hide what she felt. And knowing that she was hurting because of his harsh words made him sad too. But he kept on convincing himself that it was the best thing to do.

The best thing to do.