Best Friends

Best Friends

It was the 5th day of April when they first met. She was walking around South Konoha, taking everything in. She left this world eight months ago and she just came back.

As always, this place was bustling with activity. It even felt more alive than the last time she was here.

The ramen shop she loved was still there. And so was the Redemption Merchant who sold useful goods and his rival, the Black Market Merchant. Kakashi-sensei's clone was hanging around too, still busy reading Make Out Paradise.

Anko-sensei was still near the dango shop, giving coins to any ninja who could answer her questions correctly. And the big, cute white cat named Fukurokumaru was still standing on the same spot, as positive as ever.

The place was still the same except for one thing.

There were a lot more ninjas than before. So many that she didn't know most of them.

Realizing this made her feel at home but at the same time like a stranger in a place that used to be familiar.

She then checked the monthly mission. "Challenge another ninja" 

She tightened the ribbon tied on her hair and exclaimed. "Yosh! Let's do this!"

With resolve, she challenged a lot of players but no one accepted it. She was losing hope. The task seemed impossible especially since she just got back. Not to mention that she didn't have any friends she could ask for help. She wasn't that close to her clan mates either. She was all alone.

Sighing, she was about to try again later when she noticed him.

A young man stood not far away from her, boredom eminent on his face. He was wearing dark clothes, a sword strapped on his back. He was pretty tall and in contrast to his clothes was his hair. It was as white as snow.

"He must be new here." She thought. "I've never seen him before. And besides, he's only level 28 and has a power of 2,500."

She then proceeded to challenge him and when he accepted, she was so happy. Finally, she could do the mission! And when they fought, she instantly won. The fight was unfair, she admit. But hey, that's how things are here.

The guy wasn't too happy though. He complained. Feeling guilty, she then told him, "I'm really sorry about that. I was desperate to do the mission and I saw you and well... You know the rest. Hahaha. Anyway, you already have a clan? You can go and join mine! I'll ask them accept you!"

It took him a long time before he replied, "Ok." 

"Cool! Just apply. See you around~" She waved goodbye and skipped away.

The next day, he joined her group and ever since then, they were always together. He was her first friend. And later on, they became best friends and rivals.