Naive

Naive

A few days after that emotional day of Max and Will planning to leave, everything was back to normal. Will decided to stay and her best friend never mentioned anything about leaving.

But as always, she was lost in her thoughts. She was reflecting to what happened before. She was so emotional she let it consume her. But even so, what she said was what she truly felt. She was sure of that.

And so she reviewed everything she said and one sentence got stuck in her mind.

"I don't care if Ian breaks up with me. I'd go with you."

Her knees felt weak the more she thought about it.

Did... Did she really say that? Ba-But why? They... They were doing ok. Sure they were busy here and there but they still tried to stay in contact. She... She loved him, right? She meant she accepted his confession... And she was glad to be with him. Ian was a great guy. He always made her laugh and comfort her when Will was being mean to her. She admits that she was inexperienced. Ian was her first boyfriend. She barely knew anything about love. But... What she felt for Ian was romantic love, right?

Then... Then why?

She couldn't figure out what was going on with her. And her head was already hurting with all of these thinking.

She was about to give up trying to figure out her feelings when another thought suddenly went into her mind. It was as if someone spoke to her.

Maybe she was in love with Will all this time and not Ian.

At this sudden realization, she just sat on the ground in shock. The soft breeze at the top of Hidden Cloud no longer could comfort her.

She looked back from the very beginning when they became best friends. She analyzed all of her actions and how she talked about him. And lastly, how she reacted when he said he was planning to leave the group.

She hugged her knees as she slowly rocked back and forth.

Darn it. She was so naive. Why did she suddenly realize it now?

One thing was for sure though. She needed time to figure out what she was really feeling and what she should do next.