Fear

Fear

"Hey Will." She suddenly called for him and it took him by surprise.

"Please do not ask me why I keep on pushing you away." He thought.

"I think I have an idea why you push me away." She said as she looked at him with sad eyes. "Maybe you loved and cared so much for someone before. But despite all of your efforts, you were still met with disappointment and maybe the one that you loved left you. And that's why you swore to yourself you would never let anyone get close to you."

His eyes widened when she told him her hypothesis. This girl... She's surprisingly too perceptive.

"Stop analyzing me." He just said calmly. He needs to keep his composure.

She pouted. "But I barely know you. You don't tell me anything! Analyzing you is the only way left for me to find out who you really are, Will."

He just stayed silent, afraid that he might say something he would regret later on.

"If... If what I think is right..." she continued slowly and softly as she looked at him. Her eyes full of love stared back at him. "Then I assure you this. I would never leave you. This is why I'm trying so hard to find out who you really are, without the masks and all."

She then tightened the ribbon tied on her blue hair as she declared, "I'll do everything for you. I'll never give up on you. Because I love you. So you better prepare because one day, I'll take down your wall."

She said those three words again. He mentally sighed. He shouldn't let himself be dragged to her pace. She has a boyfriend! When she said that, she meant as best friends. Nothing more.

But he couldn't help but feel slightly hopeful.

He wouldn't let her know this but she was right. He was afraid to get close to anyone because he was afraid to commit. Because once he commits, he wanted it to last. He was afraid. So, so afraid. That was why he didn't try confessing to her before. That was why he kept pushing her away. 

He didn't want to feel more.