Chapter 4

When Ava slumps down into the chair across from me at the dining room table, I don't even have to look up to know that she is hung over. Loud groans had been coming from her room for the past hour, as well as the sound of her throwing up repeatedly.

"Good morning," I say quietly but brightly with a small smile on my face as I continue to sketch out the designs for my boss.

She groans in response and pulls the fall themed mug of steaming hot hazelnut coffee closer to her.

"I had the worst dream last night," she says sadly as she takes a sip, and I stop drawing to look up at my dishelved friend. Her red hair looks like she got eletrocuted snd the bags under her eyes make her look like she had a night from hell.

"Oh?"

"Yes. I had a dream that Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were at our apartment, and I threw up on Steph's really expensive Michael Kors shoes," she says with a sigh as she rubs her eyes, and I bite my lip gently and remain quiet.

Ava's eyes widen as she stares at me worriedly. "Oh god, please tell me that was a dream."

With an apologetic frown, I shake my head. "It wasn't, I'm sorry."

Ava clutches her head and growns loudly as she face plants on the table. "Damnit!"

"Oooh! You say bad word!" Hope yells from her seat at the table,  causing Ava to glare at her and me to laugh quietly.

With a strangled cry, Ava sits up and looks at me helplessly. "What all happened last night? I want to know, but I don't want to know. But I feel like I should know..."

My frown grows as I look down at the sketch I am doing. Instead of it being the showstopper of the winter collection, it is of Klay wearing his Beast costume. My head is not where it is supposed to be right now, not after last night.

With a sigh, I close my sketchbook before launching into the tale of how Halloween ended last night.

Flashback:

Ava looked at the Scientist and the Beast standing at our front door before looking back at me, and then back at them.

"I could have sworn we left the party," Ava says confusedly, causing Steph to grin at her and Klay's lips to twitch up in amusement, "Logan, didn't we leave the party?"

Oh no, all of those drinks Ava had must be settling in. Wonderful, of all of the times the alcohol chooses to take affect, it picks now.

Rubbing my temples frustratedly, I sigh, "Yes, Ava, we did."

She eyes them like an animal eyes their prey and licks her lips, and I watch as Steph gulps and Klay ignores her.

"You look a lot like Steph Curry," she points out, and Steph's grin grows wider as he moves to talk to Ava.

"You don't say. I get that a lot..."

While the two of them continue to talk, Klay walks inside and slowly makes his way towards me. Every step he takes forwards, I take one step backwards, until my back hits the wall. My eyes widen as he stops just two feet away from me, and the anger has returned to his dark brown eyes.