Chapter 6

The woman staring back at me in the mirror is nothing like the girl that I see on a daily basis.  The woman reflecting back at me has a head full of curls, a black long sleeved form fitted dress that is low cut in the front in a V and ends just below her ass, and stiletto heels that make her five inches taller than she normally is. She looks gorgeous, but she isn't the girl that I usually see.

And I feel like an idiot wearing all of this.

The bathroom door bursts open, and Ava waltzes in already tipsy. "Giiiiirl, why are you in here? The party is out there!"

With a glare, I cross my arms over my chest. "I can't believe you brought me to Club Infinite."

She waves her hand at me and pulls me towards the door. "You always work work work work work! It's time to have fun, Lolo!"

Lolo? Oh no, she's drunk already. And we have only been here for thirty minutes.

Instead of the peace and quiet of the bathroom, as soon as we step out I am met with the loud blasting music and colorful lights as Ava pulls me to the bar. Surprisingly, most of the people are on the dance floor grinding on one another and dry humping, and the bar  only has a few bystanders.

"What can I get you ladies?" The cute bartender, a man around his early thirties, asks as he eyes us.

"Nothing for me, thank you," I say kindly, before taking one glance at Ava, who looks like she is about to fall off of her stool, "and a cup of water for her."

Ava glared at me and gives the bartender a charming smile. "Two shots of Patron please!"

I shake my head at her as the bartender fulfills her request, and she slides one over to me before lifting hers up.

"Come on, Logan, live a little!" She whines as she holds up her shot and waits for me to pick up mine, but I make no move to touch it. I don't drink. I hate the taste of alcohol, and the last thing I need to do is be drunk when I have to take care of Hope.

"Someone has to take care of Hope," I point out, but she gives me a glare.

"She's at my mom's house all weekend. Try again."

I look at her wearily as her smile increases. "I have to work."

"It's only friday," she sing songs, knowing that I don't work again until monday. Damn.

The sound of people cheering catches our attention, and when I turn to see what everyone is cheering about, my eyed widen when they land on the Golden State Warriors living it up in the VIP section.

And amongst all of the tall atheltic men, their star shooting guard stands out, and so does the blonde he that is all over him.

Feeling my heart drop in my stomach, I quickly turn towards the bar, pick up my shot, and clink it against Ava's before downing it. The clear liquid burns as it slides down my throat, and my eyes water as I try not to have a coughing fit.

"Oh! The Warriors are here! Hey! There's Klay, and he's with Desiree," Ava says, and I sigh as I motion for the bartender to give me another shot, ignoring the frown Ava is giving me, "oh, hunny, are you okay?"

Even though I nod my head in response, I knock back another shot of Patron, and this time the liquid slides down my throat easier. Since Ava is gawking at the players, I knock back her shot too, and she is so out of it that she doesn't even notice.

Sloppily, she slides off of the stool and struggles to stay upright. "Hey! I'll go apologize to Steph."

My eyes widen as I realize what she just said. If it wasn't for the fact that she is drunk right now, I wouldn't mind, but drunk Ava can cause a scene that I am not ready to deal with.