Chapter 11

Quietly, I continue to hum the same lullaby that my mother used to sing to me when I was child as I slide my hand through Hope's hair comfortingly. Her breathing has finally evened out, and I smile slightly when her soft snores fill the room. After the day she has had, she needs to sleep.

Ever so slowly, I get up from the bed and tip toe out of the room, and it isn't until the door closes behind me that I allow myself to sigh in relief. All I want is for this day to be over.

"Is she okay?"

His voice causes me to jump, and I quickly whip around to find him standing a few feet away with his hands in his pockets and his eyes pleading with me to answer.

I nod my head before casting my eyes down to the floor, focusing on the pattern in the beautiful dark hardwood. After everything that has happened today, I can't even bring myself to look at him. I was so close to telling him that we could truly have something real...

...but the paparazzi ruined that.

I'm startled out of my thoughts when his hand lifts my chin up, and my eyes become watery as they far forced to meet his sad ones. "Talk to me, babygirl."

Shaking my head, I try to pull away, but he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close. "Logan..."

"I have to get Hope home," I tell him, avoiding the issues that clearly need to be discussed. At the same time, it isn't a complete lie. I do need to get ready for the rest of the week.

Klay shakes his head and gives me a determined look. "You're not getting away from me that easily."

I open my mouth to argue with him, but before I can, his lips smash down onto mine, and I slowly close my eyes as I meld into his lips. I'm so caught up in kissing him that I don't even realize that he has moved us into his bedroom and closed the door until he comes up for air.

"What did you do that for?" I ask, completely distracted from the way his lips felt against mine. Oh, if I haven't longed to do that all day long...

His lips form into a small smirk as he cups my cheek. "Other than the fact that that's all I have thought about since this morning, I didn't want you to wake up Hope. I know you're going to yell at me."

A frown forms on my lips. "I am not."

His smirk only widens into a grin, "You are. I know you, Logan."

I roll my eyes and try to pull away from him, but he shakes his head and slowly backs us up until we reached the edge of his bed, and I gasp as he pushes me back onto it gently.

He takes a seat next to me before pulling me close to him and holding me in his arms so I can't escape. "Are you okay?"

I close my eyes to stop the tears that threaten to fall and nod my head. "Fine."

"Logan..." Klay says warningly, and I sigh as I give in to my emotions. I can't lie to him.

"It was...terrifying," I admit, thinking of all of the flashing cameras and Hope's loud wails as the memories flash through my mind, "All I wanted to do was get out of there. I wanted to grab Hope and run as far away as possible. Those people are ruthless. And now, who knows what the world is going to say about this."

His strong hand strokes my arm comfortingly. "I'm so sorry, babygirl. I don't know how they know where I was, but I... I'd never put you or Hope into any danger, you have to know that."

I tilt my head to look up at him, and my heart skips a beat when his somber eyes stare down into mine.

"I... I know how you work, Logan. You're probably thinking of a million reasons why we shouldn't be together-..."