Chapter 9

A moan escaped my lips as his hands slid further down my body, and I closed my eyes when one began to lift up my shirt. The moment his lips touched the skin of my stomach, I gasped.

The cool air caused me to shiver as he lifted my shirt up higher and higher, his hand slowly inched its way up my until it reached my-

The feeling of a wet sensation on my cheek rouses me from my dream, and a soft groan escapes my lips as the licking becomes more insistent. Slowly, I blearily open my eyes to find Rocco's happy face just inches away from my own. Wait...what is Rocco doing here?

Quickly, I move to sit up, but I am stopped by the arm that is wound tightly around my waist. My heart begins to thud loudly and heat floods my cheeks as memories of last night race through my mind.

His strong hands all over my body...his mouth exploring parts of me that no one else ever has... every second of it was mindblowing.

I fight the urge to moan as he snuggles his head further into my hair and his body presses more firmly against my own. Lord, help me, I think I'm in heaven.

"Good morning, beautiful," he says sleepily, and a sigh falls from my lips as he places a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Hi," I say shyly, hoping that we can lay like this for a little while longer before the world intrudes on our little bit of happiness.

Never did I imagine that Klay and I would end up in his bed together after all that we have been through lately, but I am grateful that we did. Last night has given me hope that maybe we can make this work, that there is a chance to have an 'us' after all. And it definitely isn't because of all of the money he dropped last night. It was more because of all of the emotions he let me see.

Groaning, he mumbles into my hair, "What time is it?"

Glancing over at the small alarm clock on the nightstand, I close my eyes and groan myself. If only I could turn back time. "6:07."

"Shit!" Klay yells, startling me as he releases his hold on me and jumps out of the bed. Sitting up, I watch with amusement as he rushes around his room to gather clothes and his work out gear, which is all strewn about the floor.

He gives me a sympathetic look as he pulls a practice jersey over his head. "I'm so sorry, but I have to get to morning practice. Coach'll kill me if I'm late."

It takes all of my self control to not allow my eyes to drift down to the lower half of his body which is only covered by a pair of dark blue boxer briefs. He was always hot in my mind, but after last night, I see him in a completely different light.

I give him a small smile and wave him off. "It's okay, I need to get going anyways."

"No!" He yells, catching me off guard when he sits next to me on the bed and cups my cheek in his hand, his serious brown eyes boring into mine. "Please stay. I won't be gone that long. When I get back, I can make you breakfast and we can talk."

All I can hear is the sound of my heart pounding against my chest. "About what?"

He gives me a small smile before placing a soft kiss against my lips. "Us."

I'm so happy that I can't fight the wide smile that appears on my face. "There's an us?"

He leans closer to me, and I blush lightly as he closes the gap between us and whispers against my lips, "Damn right there is, because if you think that I'm giving you up after last night, you're crazy."

It feels like my heart just exploded in my chest, and I bite my lip gently and nod my head hopefully. After experiencing so many unfortunate things in my life, I can't believe that something good is finally coming my way. And as happy as I am about Klay wanting a relationship with me, I'm afraid that it is too good to be true.