Chapter 19

For the past twenty minutes, I have been rooted in this spot, staring at the door that my whole world just walked out of.

All I want is for the door to swing open and his handsome face to walk through with that sexy smirk and tell me that he is just kidding, that this is some cruel kind of payback for what I did, and that he forgives me.

But the longer I stand here, replaying what happened over and over again in my head, the more reality starts to sink in.

Flashback to twenty minutes ago:

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach as I watched Klay shut his eyes in pain, and just as I opened my mouth to ask him what was wrong, the few words that left his mouth stopped me.

"I need space."

My throat suddenly went dry as tears welled up in my eyes, and I hoped and prayed that I heard him wrong. "W-what?"

His hand dropped from my cheek and I immediately felt a cold chill as soon as he took a step back and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I need space. I need to be away from you. You hurt me, Logan, and I'm not sure thi is something I can get past."

My mouth fell open in shock, and I quickly put on a brave front as anger filled me. "You act like you're innocent in this. You were with Desiree!"

Klay scowled. "I didn't go jump in the bed with my man's teammate! I'm not the one who cheated and can't make up their damn mind!"

Tears silently streamed down my cheeks as I stared at him furiously, unable to believe that this was happening.

He swallowed hard and glared at me once more. "I was willing to give you the world, Logan. You've always been the one for me...or at least I thought so, until now."

Before he reached the door, I yelled out to him, "Klay! What about Hope?"

He froze for a moment, and my heart clung to that small ounce of hope I had in my chest as I waited for him to respond, but his next works were like a lone sharp blade piercing right through my heart. "Not my problem."

And that was the last thing he said before he walked out of the apartment and slammed the door shut behind him.

End flashback

Unable to hold it all in anymore, I let out frustrated cry that would give Tarzan a run for his money, and I grab the nearest object beside me, which happens to be a small glass vase filled with water and fresh flowers, and chuck it as hard as I possibly can at the door.

My breath comes heavily as I stare at the glass shards and water that trail down the door and cover the floor, and just as I begin to start looking for something else to break, Ava comes running out of her room with a bewildered look on her face and a dangerously pointy stiletto in her hand.

"What the hell is going on?! Did Klay hurt you?!" She asks worriedly, and I just. Uncontrollably as I sink down onto the floor and cover my face with my hands.

For so long, Klay has been chasing me. Every single time I have run from him, he has looked for me and hunted me down, from running across parks on foot to driving miles and miles. He's gone above and beyond to show me what love is, to prove to me that he isn't going to hurt me...and I believed him in every aspect, except Desiree.

The whole reason this started is because he let her touch him...be close to him, and he didn't do anything about it. He was the one who ended what we had this time, not me, and God, does it hurt. I don't think there is a physical pain that can compare to how I feel in this moment. Because I just lost the love of my life.