Epilogue

Three Months Later...

I barely manage to set the last of my boxes of things in the back of Klay's car before Ava pounces on me. "I'm so happy for you!"

A small laugh escapes my throat as I hug her back. "Thank you, Ava. Thank you for...everything."

Teaes fill both of our eyes, and I take a deep breath to keep mine at bay.

If it wasn't for Ava, then I don't know where Hope and I would be. She was there for me when Klay wasn't, and she was like the sister that Hope never had. It would be different not having her around anymore.

Managing a small watery smile, I gently nudge her shoulder. "I'm not the only one who has a reason to be happy, though."

Ava blushes profusely and smiles at me as her eyes drift down to her barely there baby bump and the huge diamond ring on her finger. It turns out that the night that Klay proposed to me, Ava wasn't throwing up just because of the alcohol she had consumed. She'd found out later that day that she was pregnant with Seth's baby, and before she could tell him the news, he came barrelling into our apartment, apologizing profusely and begging her to forgive him, which she did. Now, she had plans to move in with him, all the way in Dallas, Texas.

Explaining to Hope that we were going to move in with Klay was difficult enough, although she had taken that well, but when I had to explain to her why she wouldn't see Ava very much anymore...

...she had a meltdown.

It had taken Klay holding her and promising that she would get to see Ava everytime he had a game against the Dallas Mavericks to calm her down and begrudgingly accept what was about to happen.

"Alright Ava, you ready?" Seth asks as he opens the door to the taxi that is waiting to take them tomthe airport, and Ava nods her head at him before she turns her attention onto me.

With tears streaming down her cheeks, she hugs me as if it is the last time she is ever going to see me, and when she finally lets me go, I have to bite my lip to keep my owm tears at bay. It's so hard...

"You better call me every day and tell me how things are going with this one," she says as she motions to Klay, who wraps his arms around me from behind and kisses my temple.

With a smile, I nod my head at her. "I will."

She then kneels down so that she is on Hope's level and gives her a huge hug. "Bye my little piece of Hope. I'm going to miss you so much!"

Hope sniffles as she hugs her back. "Bye Ava..."

Ava kisses the top of her head before releasing her, and before Hope can think anout being sad, Klay swoops her up into his arms and tickles her, causing her to giggle happily. "I think this calls for some ice cream."

Hope's eyes light up. "Yay! Ice cream!"

Klay winks at me and gives Ava a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he moves to pit Hope in his car.

As soon as he is out of sight, Ava pulls me in close to her and whispers excitedly, "When are you going to tell him?"

A small smile pulls at my lips as I think about the life changing news I have for him. "Soon."

.  .  .

For the next month, I try to find the right time to tell him my news, but every time I do, we get interrupted.

First, I had made a romantic dinner for the two of us at home, and just as I was about to tell him, he got a call from the Warriors saying that they had an unscheduled practice he had to attend.