Chapter 7

"Oooh, do you want to finish it here or in your room, baby?" Desiree purrs loudly as her long fake hot pink fingernails slowly crawl up his muscular chest like a spider.

He places soft kisses all long her neck before growling at her. "Here. I want you now."

He picks her up and holds her up against the door before continuing to ravage her neck, and a grin crosses her lips as she looks over his shoulder and stares me.

"I win, bitch." She says cheerfully before laughing like a maniac, and I feel my heart being ripped out of my chest as I sink down to the floor.

My eyes snap open and I shoot up in my bed, groaning when my head begins to throb madly. As soon as I take in my surroundings, relief fills me. Instead of being in Klay's entrance room, I am lying in my bed in my own room. Falling back against the pillows, I cover my eyes and try to stop the tears from falling. That's one nightmare I never want to experience again.

The door slamming open makes my head hurt even more, and I wince as the pain increases.

"You're home!" Ava yells in shock as she walks over to my bed and plops down beside me. "Why? It's way too early!"

Sighing, I turn to look at her and notice that she is frowning at me. "No, it isn't."

She snorts. "Yes, it is! Any girl who gets to spend the night with a basketball player does not come home early."

"You spent the night with Steph, and you're home early," I point out, shaking my head at her disappointedly as I take in the Curry tshirt she is wearing. Why can't she just leave him alone? He's a good man with a beautiful family. Why wreck that?

Her entire face turns as red as her hair, and she looks down at her hands with a sheepish smile on her face. "Oh, um, it wasn't-...this isn't-... Steph isn't the one-..."

Staring at her in disbelief, I ask, "Seth? You slept with Seth Curry?"

She grins at me happily and nods her head. "Girl, he can do a lot more than shoot three pointers and play ball, I'll tell you that."

Not knowing what to say, I roll over onto my side and pull my blanket back up over me. "Congratulations."

My phone vibrates on my nightstand beside me for what seems like the millionth time today, and I don't even have to glance at it to know who is calling, especially not when Ava's eyes widen and she lights up like a christmas tree.

"Klay Thompson is calling you!" She says, nudging me to answer it. But just like every other time he has called this morning, I just lay there and let it go to voicemail.

Her mouth hangs open when she sees how many times he has called. "Logan! What the hell? He's called twenty two times!"

Shrugging, I settle back into my bed and close my eyes. "I know."

"You're ignoring Klay Thompson...what the heck happened last night?" She asks curiously, and I close my eyes as Desiree's annoying voice rings through my head.

The last thing I want to do is tell her about Desiree. "I'm going to go back to bed, okay? My head hurts."

She stares at me for a few moments before finally shrugging and getting up. "Fine, but we're going out tonight."