18- Sir

I was not letting him get away. He was going to talk to me, whether he wanted to or not. I refused to feel isolated in this house any longer. I refused to be afraid to ask him how his day was going for fear he would snap.

After the gentle disposition he just demonstrated, he could treat me like that more often. I hopped off the bed and ran in his direction. I felt a bit dizzy from jumping out of bed after having just fainted, but I disregarded it.

"Arsenio!" I yelled his name as I got close enough that I could see his large retreating form turning the corner into another hallway.

He spun around and stalked towards me. Grabbing my shoulder, he pushed me against the wall. I leaned my head back to look into his dark eyes. I didn't shy away like normal, I stared at him with equal fire blazing in my eyes.

"Don't you dare call me by my name. I let it slide in the room, but not again," he spat out angrily at me.

"I don't care what you want me to call you. I want to know why you told me about your life, about what you do for a living, then told me you would never hurt me and that I'm the only one you wouldn't kill if I didn't sign the contract, and then you walk away from me? And now you're yelling at me? Why?" I demanded. I'd become stronger and had less tolerance for bullshit over the last few months.

His posture became tenser against my body. The way we were standing, his strong body was pressed perfectly against mine and I knew the blush was evident on my cheeks, but I chose to ignore my embarrassment and focus on the matter at hand.

"Why? Do you want to know why?" I nodded my head.

"I don't even fucking know why! You make me crazy. I can't think properly when you're around! You affect me in a way I've never felt!" He yelled out. He didn't seem angry, frustrated at himself, but not angry at me. His internalized frustrations were peeking through, it seemed.

I made him feel like that? The thought made my cheeks heat up a bit more. He made me feel the same way. I never in a million years thought the feeling would be mutual.

"You make me feel the same way," I whispered, my aggression gone, replaced with the oncoming shyness I felt due to our position and the divulgence of his feelings.

He started at me for what seemed like a small eternity. My face grew hot and my breathing deepened from his intense gaze. I started fidgeting under his stare, but soon he pressed his body closer to mine to stop it.

He reached his hand up and ran his fingers through my hair. I relaxed, leaning my head into his hand. I closed my eyes and let myself be comforted by his embrace.

"Sei così Bella angelo. Se solo... (You are so beautiful angel. If only...)," he breathed out in his deep Italian accent.

Shivers wracked my body. His accent was one of his most attractive features.

He leaned his head down and ran his nose against the skin of my neck. Then he started pecking my neck with his lips before leaving full open-mouthed kisses along my neck. My eyes widened as his lips moved across my skin. I'd never been kissed before or felt such intense sensations. I didn't know what to do.

I gasped at the feeling and tried to press my body impossibly closer to his. He ran his hands up and down my sides, causing the tingles I felt to intensify. My body had never been so overwhelmed before. I couldn't believe the only man I'd ever been attracted to was touching me in such an intimate fashion.

All too soon, his torture on my neck and sides subsided and he pulled away from me, standing at his full height.

"My name is Sir to you, maid." He said before walking off down the hallway.