26- Menstruation and The Contract

I snuggled deeper into the hard warmth at my side. The warmth smelled really nice.

The warmth started to laugh.

My eyes shot open. I was met with those unique blue eyes staring back at me. "Good morning," I whispered shyly.

"Good morning." His husky morning voice could bring me to my knees. "How did you sleep?" Arsenio asked.

"It was the best sleep I've had in a very long time," I answered truthfully. Arsenio made me feel safe and protected, something I hadn't felt in years.

"How so?" he asked with a hint of a smile on his lips.

I let out a deep sigh. "Because Arsenio, you make me feel safe and secure. That's a feeling I haven't had since my mother was alive. So thank you." I said with my usual blush gracing my cheeks.

"I'm glad I proved you with feelings of comfort. I don't want you to feel unsafe in my presence. If it makes you feel any better, it was one of the best night's sleep for me, too." He responded. His voice sent tingles racing through my body.

"How?" I asked.

He shrugged and pulled me closer to his bare chest. I couldn't help to steal a few glances at his muscular body. He truly was a marvelous human. "Because it was nice to be with the only person I care about other than my mother."

I blushed again. "Oh," I said awkwardly.

He pulled me up onto his waist so I was straddling him. The position was very intimate and one I was not used to.

"Arsenio, what are you doing?" I questioned. He didn't say anything but pulled my head down to his face. He planted his lips on mine and asked for entrance with his tongue.

I wrapped my hands around his biceps to stabilize myself. My fingers were nowhere close to touching because his muscles were so large.

He broke our kiss and trailed his lips across my neck. He placed hot, open-mouthed kisses from my collar bone to earlobe. I moaned as his tongue caressed my skin.

When I looked down from his face to steal another glance at his abs, I noticed blood on his lower stomach, trailing to the top of his boxer briefs. Was he only wearing boxers? I didn't notice that last night. Oh, my.

I didn't have time to dwell on that fact though because the blood caught my attention again. Arsenio must've noticed my tensed stance because he pulled away from my neck. "What's wrong?" He questioned in his husky, Italian accent.

I jumped off of him and out of the bed in an instant when a thought entered my mind. Today started period week and I completely forgot about it. My cheeks flamed and I just wanted to run away and cry; I was so embarrassed.

"Arsenio, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed. I pulled on my hair and looked in embarrassment at the blood Arsenio had yet to notice.

"What is wrong, Eloise?" He asked while sitting up. He looked down and I knew he saw that blood.

He jumped out of bed and wrapped his hands around my arms. He started looking all over my body, for what I wasn't sure.

"Where are you hurt?" He demanded.