49- Ultrasound

SEVEN WEEKS LATER

I felt a warm, calloused hand running up and down my hip. A face tucked into my neck as a nose ran across my skin there. A leg wrapped over my own.

"Wake up, Gattina," a deep husky voice whispered. His lips vibrated against my neck. (Kitten)

I groaned. "I don't wanna."

"We have a big day today," he said. His Italian accent was most prominent when he was tired or angry, so if I didn't know him as well as I did, I probably wouldn't have been able to decipher what he was saying at that moment.

"You need to work on your English accent," I teased. I'd told him before that his words were a bit hard to decipher in the morning.

He turned me around in his arms so I was facing him. "I know you think it's sexy," he smirked.

I pressed a kiss to his chest and then met his eyes. "I want to take the baby to Italy when they're born."

"Okay. We can do that," I agreed with a smile, feeling excited at the prospect of visiting Italy again. It was such a beautiful country.

"I want them to know where they come from. We won't live there permanently, but when they're growing up I want to take them there a lot. Maybe during the summers we could stay there," he said, a thoughtful expression crossed over his face. It was precious, just as his regard for our unborn child was.

"We can take them after they are born. Maybe stay for a month or two," I suggested. I wanted this little baby to see where their daddy was from, too. They deserved to see and experience their heritage, their paternal culture. It was also very cute to see Arsenio take such an interest in this - in his baby.

Arsenio nodded, still in deep thought. "Ermanno and Jess can come too, so you have friends while we stay there," he said and my heart melted.

Arsenio usually wanted everything private and just the two of us. Jess and Ermanno have never even been on a double date with us. While I valued our alone time, spending two months in a foreign nation with no one else to talk to seemed a bit isolating.

Arsenio must've known I was shocked by my facial expression because he explained. "I know I like our privacy, but if we are going to be there for a while, I want you to have someone else there that you are comfortable with while you're in a foreign country. I don't want you to feel lonely, especially if I have meetings and whatnot to go to. Besides, Ermanno and I have a meeting in Italy with an entrepreneur who needs investors about two months after the baby will be born, so it works out," he said.

I nodded my head and smiled up at him. He was very thoughtful. My heart warmed knowing that he thought about my well-being. I hadn't experienced true concern or consideration in years.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asked, a small smile on his lips.

"Well, it's adorable how much of an interest you are taking in the baby. It's very cute. Second, I love how thoughtful you are. When I first met you, were so distant and reserved. You've just become a different man since I first met you," I said.

"That's because you have changed me. You have made me a better man," he said against my neck. "Now, it's time to get up." I felt the smack of his hand against my butt

"Hey buddy," I teasingly growled and pinched his cheek.

Getting out of bed, a threw on a blue floral dress that hit just above my knees. Then I slid on a pair of white Converse. I thought I looked cute, but I wish I had a baby bump already. It would have made the outfit cuter.

"Are you excited?" I inquired as Arsenio wrapped his hands around my stomach, his front pressed against my back.

"Yes," he answered simply. "I want to see them."