39- Nebula

If you haven't yet, please check out my other story called King Of The Vamps. The synopsis is below!

In a world where vampires have taken over, humans are treated like dirt underneath vampires' feet

In a world where vampires have taken over, humans are treated like dirt underneath vampires' feet. Humans are considered inferior to the vampires. They treat the humans awfully and force them to abide by their laws.

Once a year, King Ulric, king of the vampires, chooses a different town in the U.S to pick young girls to be his servants. The jobs the human girls are forced into can range from being a cook to being the King's personal play toy. However, no girl has ever returned after being taken back to the kingdom.

This year, King Ulric decided to stop in PotterTown, eighteen-year-old Amaryllis Westbay's town. Amaryllis was an intelligent, young girl who thought she had her whole life ahead of her, that was until the vampires took over. What will happen  the vicious, stone cold vampire meets the innocent human?

******

"Do you want to help me make lunch?"

"No," I answered.

"No?" He repeated, surprised by my answer.

"Yes. I said no." I nodded with determination.

He released my hands which he still had held above my head. He moved his hand to cup my cheek.

"And why is that?" He asked.

"Because. I'm not just going to fall into the same steps as always. I don't want to make lunch with you, you were mean to me."

"I thought you forgave me," he said, sounding, dare I say, slightly pouty.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I do forgive you, but I'm still upset with you. So, I don't want to help you" I said.

"Fine." He relented. "So what do you want to do?" His gaze was on my chest. I rolled my eyes at his antics but felt more confident in my abilities to attract his attention.

"Well before you came in here, I was reading. So I'm going to continue doing that and you can do whatever you want." I said, excited to get back to my science fiction novel.

He looked blankly at me but nodded before getting off of me. "I'll be out here," he said as he walked out of the bedroom.

A grin worked its way across my face. I was proud of how I handled myself. I knew Arsenio didn't mean to snap at me, and I understood that everyone had their moments, but I didn't want him to think that he could say sorry and everything would go back to normal. In some situations that would work, but not in all.

I flipped onto my stomach and opened the book to the page I had left off on.

Arsenio's POV: