Chapter 3 - Birthday

A/N:
I didn't reread this before publishing, so it's not edited. I'm apologizing in advance for anything that is possibly wrong with this chapter ahead of time such as typos, bad grammar or something that just pisses someone off.
Anyways, continue and enjoy 😘

~

Your 16th birthday came before you knew it and if it wasn't because someone tweeted about it, you would have completely forgotten and none of the boys would have noticed that you all almost missed it. There was also the fact that you had a fansigning on that day as well as an radio show right after, because of the fact that literally no one remembered, you were scheduled to work all day long which made the boys angry at you for not telling them and angry and management for not remembering. At the end of the day what mattered the most was that you almost forgot your own birthday.

The thing about fansignings was that you were usually partnered with another person, this one in particular you were partnered with Jungkook but still had to sit between Jimin and Jungkook who according to Hoseok where having a little bit of an angrument or some sort of disagreement about something but he really didn't know what it was about. The fans however seemed to love having you near Jungkook; a few weeks before you two had had a war on twitter where you continuously posted photos of the other that you had secretly taken, which included you sleeping on Yoongi's bed with one of Yoongi's Kumamon stuffed toys while peacefully hugging your knees to your chest and Jungkook shoving grapes into his mouth in the most unattractive way possible. That was how Borakook was born and Bighit was really milking the ship, which was fine with the two of you because you were just friends. You joked around during most of the signings and teased the other a lot, the other members loved your playing around since you were the two youngest and they were like proud parents to see the two of you getting along and nothing stopped Taehyung from joining in every once in a while. It was honestly the best time you had in public that usually didn't get you in trouble with the other members or your management.

This signing however, wasn't as fun; while they were getting the other group members ready you were informed that you were no longer allowed to wear some things. You guys still stood for not having gender roles in the band, but because you were the only girl and most of your fanbase was female they had decided that there would be times when you had to look feminine. Because of how most of your music was you were pretty much destined to match with the boys during performances and all the boyish concept where staying which mostly just meant that the less feminine side of you was still pretty strong where as you were supposed to at least try to be a good influence on the female population that looked up to you. Or at least that how they explained it to you, all you knew was that there you were sitting between your best friend who was ignoring you and your roommate while wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a white long sleeve crop top with a black flannel of some sort that was decorated with a bunch of stars as well as your signature combat boots that Yoongi had randomly bought you saying they looked like something you would wear; and honestly you were allowed to wear those boots in the bath if you wanted to since they were the most 'Bora' thing that you owned.

There was a limited amount of people that you cared about as much as you cared about ARMY and the second the fans that had come to the signing and the rest of the members stood up to sing you happy Birthday you had to look down at the table to keep them from seeing the tears that were gathering up in your eyes. If anyone had told you two years ago while you were cleaning your face in the bathroom of a convenience store and attempting to make the same outfit you had been wearing for a week look clean that on your 16th birthday you would have your seven older brothers as well as over three hundred fans singing Happy Birthday to you; you would have laughed and left the bathroom. However there you were with the boys gathering around you and hugging you while the fans 'awwed' which caused you to tip over and cry. It took a few minutes of you thanking everyone and Taehyung petting your hair for you to get to finally be able to look fans in the face in order to be able to talk to them without fearing that you were going to bust out into more tears.