Chapter 2

Hey, guys! Nothing except the plot belongs to me. Happy reading!

"And this, Elsa, is Prince Xavier."

Elsa smiled politely for the umpteenth time at an unfamiliar face of a prince. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Prince ah- Xavier."

"Please, Xavier will do just fine, Your Highness." the prince bowed.

"Thank you, Prince Xavier for joining us on this wonderful night." Elsa's father said. The prince nodded and left the king, queen, and princess to talk privately. Well, as privately as they could in a crowded ballroom.

"Well, Elsa?" the king said. "What do you think? Any one of these princes are to your liking?"

"I'll have to think about it, Father," Elsa said, giving a fake smile. "After all, they all have something wonderful in each of them."

"I liked Prince Damian. He was rather charming," the queen said. "Don't you agree too, Elsa?"

"Yes, Mother, I agree," Elsa lied. Truth be told, she hadn't remembered a single face out of the numerous princes that night. Just as she had worried about earlier, no one had caught her eye. Sure, they were all handsome and had good qualities in each of them, but none of them seemed to be compatible with her. And if you weren't compatible with someone, how could you expect someone to love them, much less marry them?

Elsa sighed in hopelessness and frustration.

"Something wrong, dear?" the queen asked, feeling her daughter's forehead. "You're not coming down with something, are you?"

"No, Mother! I'm fine!" Elsa smiled, this time a real one, at both her parents. "I-I was just thinking about asking you if I may join the party now and look around."

"Why, of course, Elsa!" the king laughed. "You go. Maybe you'll find your prince among this sea of faces."

Elsa blushed. It was really no secret that her parents wanted her to get married as soon as possible. Even when they were talking about nothing important in particular, they always seemed to bring up the subject.  She then excused herself and went to join the party.

 ..~..

"Oh my gosh, Elsa! Elsa! Come here!"

Elsa chuckled as she followed her sister's voice.

"Come on, come on, slowpoke! We don't have all night!"

When Elsa finally saw her sister's face, she could see that Anna was practically glowing. Her eyes and smile were filled with so much joy, that it could have lit up the whole room if something went wrong with the lighting. She came to her sister's side.

"Anna, what is it now?" Elsa smiled at her sister. With Anna, she never knew what her sister had in mind.

"I would like you to meet somebody." Anna beamed and turned to somebody behind her. "Come on! Don't be shy!" she whispered to her mysterious person. The person she was talking to turned out to be a prince. He had brownish-red hair and he was very tall. He was wearing a white suit and he had black knee-high boots.

"Elsa, this is Prince Hans of the Southern Isles." Anna giggled, barely able to control herself now. "Um, we met when we were dancing and we found out that we have so much in common!"

Prince Hans bowed to Elsa. "Your Highness, it's a pleasure to meet Princess Anna's sister."

Elsa smiled at Prince Hans. "Pleasure to meet you as well, Prince Hans. I assume you are having fun tonight?"

"Of course!" Prince Hans said. "I mean it was fun at the beginning, but when I met your sister, it made the whole night more exciting and enjoyable."

Anna blushed at his comment. "Oh, stop it, you." She playfully swatted him on the shoulder.

Elsa laughed. "Well, I'll leave you two be. By the looks of it, I'm interrupting you two."

Anna looked at her sister. "No, no! You weren't interrupting us at all! We were actually wondering if you'd like to join us and stay with us to, you know, chat for the rest of the party."

Elsa waved Anna's offer away. "That's very kind of you, Anna, but I think I'll see what else is going on at this party.

"Besides," she smiled at her younger sister. "I think I'm going to try the food here. Any suggestions you might have?'

"Ooh! Ooh!" Anna squealed excitedly. "You should try the pastries! They are to die for! Oh! And better yet, try the chocolate! It tastes heavenly!"

Elsa laughed. "Okay, Ms. Critic. I'll see what they have."

Elsa left the two lovebirds to where they were and started to the refreshments table. There, she met a few dignitaries that she was quite familiar with and started to talk about trade and how each other's kingdom was doing. Her father always said to be polite and show full attention and respect to the other royals, so that's exactly what Elsa did. They were nice people and all, but talking about nothing but politics was quite boring. Even for her. She talked to many dignitaries, putting what her father had taught her into action, asking about the kingdom, the citizens, the people, even giving a few advice to the dignitaries.

Some way to spend your time at a party. Elsa thought. While her sister was having the time of her life hanging out with her new prince, here she was, forcing laughter and faking smiles with people she had nothing in common with, save that they were all royals and important figures to their kingdoms.

But all of those thoughts vanished when she saw him.

AN: Yep, Prince Hans is in this story. And if you're wondering if he'll try to assassinate the family or something, all I can say is... stay tuned to find out! Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading this and see you in the next chapter!