As we talked

Two days later.

Kavya.

It's been two days. Two damn long days since I last saw Varun. He did not come to the hall after he said he loves me. When I said I don't love him, it was a lie. I am scared to admit my feelings. I feel like I will be betrayed again. Last year's wound took long time to heal. I don't know, if I get wounded again, it might never heal.

I persuaded Naina to call him but he didn't pick up.
"Naina, why is he not picking the call?" I asked her concerned.

"What happened between you two the other day?" She questioned, eyebrows pinched together.

"No-nothing." I lied, I didn't wanna say anything to her. At least not now.

"Did you call Alia or Sidd?" She asked.

"They too tried. No answer." I told sadly. What happened to him? I am sure what I told him hurt him a lot. But I had to.

"Naina, the paper you send to Laura is not signed by Varun." Suzanne said ignoring me.

"Suz, why don't you give that paper to me. I will get it signed." She replied with extra enthusiasm and happiness. I looked at her with a frown. Seconds later, I understood like a bulb went on.

SKIP TIME.

Currently we sat Varun's house, the house was more spacious inside, but when you look from out, it's entirely different. The house looked like a mansion. Well it is a mansion.His mother being the sweetest person ever, asked the servants to serve us with juice and some snacks while she went to get Varun, who apparently is not in a very good mood. And I felt guilty for that.

After waiting for 10 minutes, I heard foot steps coming down from the stairs. When I looked towards the stairs, I saw him in an orange color tee shirt and a pair of trousers. Hair as always messy. He looked as if he had not Slept for days. He looked tired too.

"Hey Naina." He said with a small, lazy smile and hugged her.

"Wassup?" He asked her again. He didn't even look at me. Like I am not even there.

"Varun, sorry to disturb you. But we came here because you didn't sign the paper." Naina said. She looked at me and I realized that I was holding the paper.

I gave it to him and he tore the page away from my hand.

"Hey, no yaar. You are not at all disturbing me. I am sorry, I might have forgotten. Do you have a pen?" He asked.

I had one in my bag, so I offered it. But he didn't look at it or neither took it. He asked for pen to some servants and within few seconds he signed the paper.

"Thanks. Anyway why didn't you come to the party venue for two days?" Naina questioned.

"I was not in a mood. But now I will come for sure. After all, my girlfriend's working there." He said completely taking me out of surprise.

Girlfriend? Is she talking about me?

"Girlfriend?" Naina asked like she had just read my mind.

"Yeah, I asked Suzanne out yesterday. We went on a small date. And it went pretty well. So I asked her to be my girlfriend. Why ware time?!." He told me and I started choking uncontrollably.

"Beta, are you okay?" Varun's mother, Karuna auntie sat beside me, her hand on my back. She kept rubbing my back.

"Lakshmi, pani lana." She told,

After drinking some water. I was a bit relaxed. I looked towards Varun, who was looking at his phone. What happened to my old Varun?

"Are you okay?" Naina asked. She could hear my shaky breaths.

"Yeah, let's go na." I said as I felt being in this room suffocated me a lot.

"Yeah. Auntie, Varun. We will leave now." Naina said.

"Girls it's already lunch time. Why don't you stay for lunch?"

"No aunty. Naina and I have to submit this paper at our office on the way. Next time maybe."

"Bye Varun."

With that we left. The moment my body was seated in the car, I started crying. A lot.

Varun Dhawan.

"Varun, Whats the girl's name who was in that red kurta." My mom enquired.

"Hmm... Kavya. Kya kua ma?" I asked as a small smile crept up on my face.

"Kuch nahi. She's a good girl." Ma said as she went to switch on the Tv.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

I felt so bad for ignoring her like that. When I said I was dating Suzanne, the poor thing started to choke. First I was concerned, but once she started to relax, I took out my phone and simply acted as if I was busy. Her shaky breath saying Naina, if they could go. She was on the verge of tears.

"Is she the girl you were talking about?" Ma asked.

"Haan ma." I said as I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

I took it out to see a new message.

'How did it go?' Said the unknown number.

'As we talked.' Was my reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wooohoooo how are you all??? Are you guys liking this story? I know it's a short chapter. I am sorry.

Vote and Comment.

Love,
-H.