Chapter 1

Authors Note: Hi, I've never done an authors note before so here it goes, exciting right? So obviously I've just started this, and I'd really like to know what you think of it, so, if you could I'd really like you to leave a comment telling me what you think and maybe how I could improve it? As someone who loves writing I'm always open to ideas on how I can make my work better and who better to ask you guys? So that's all I wanted to say, please vote and add to reading list if you like the first chapter and happy reading! :) 

As I struggled to push through the crowded streets of North London, my arms full of shopping bags and food, I sighed to myself. The joys of an internship. I was working for a photography company while I continued my course at university, it was hard, and although it wasn't as great as I'd hoped it still gave me the experience no university course could ever give me.

     Photography was my passion, I'd been taking photo's since I was a little kid of about five. I remember my first camera, it was one of those kids ones, the ones that were really hard to break. There was no need to worry about me breaking it though, I took such careful care of it, always putting it back in it's case when I'd done. I got my first proper digital camera when I was nine. It was pink, with a 3x digital zoom. I wasn't very impressed, but I used it as best I could until I got my next camera aged thirteen. Since then I've just been upgrading my cameras, and now I had one of the best on the market for amateur photographers. 

      I arrived at the studio tired and out of breath. It was the worst time to be out in London, nine am and everyone was trying to get to work. I heaved the bags onto a table for the stylists to sort through and put down the box full of assorted doughnuts and everyone's coffee orders to get everyone up and going. Personally, I thought I was a good intern. I was more like an assistant though if I was honest, running errands and waiting patiently for my next command. If I was lucky I'd have time to sit and watch the shoot,  maybe even watch as the photographer expertly edited the photos. That was the part I hated though, watching the models transform into unnaturally perfect people. I thought it was wrong. 

       This day was no different, though I seemed to be extra busy as it was a big and important shoot. I had to go out and get refreshments and snacks regularly, also running back and forth between the main studio, which was basically a ware house, and the hair, make-up and wardrobe stations which had been set up especially. I hated fashion shoots the most, the models were rude and demanding, speaking to me as if I were some sort of servant, only there to do their bidding. It pissed me off so much.

       As I stumbled tiredly into the office, going to deliver something or another to one of the shoot designers, I was told by the secretary that my boss wanted to talk to me. I gulped nervously, quickly giving the delivery to Mick, the other intern at the company. I walked quickly up to my bosses office on the top floor, stopping briefly outside his office to check I looked presentable before knocking and being called in. 

      Once in I sat cautiously on the chair infront of his desk. He tapped away on his laptop but paused when I sat down. He closed the laptop and looked at my curiously. I'd never spoken to him apart from the brief encounter I had when I was applying for the internship. Mr. Baites was a scary man, in his charcoal suits and his grey streaked hair. But he was respected, having been one of the most talented and successful photographers in the world. Though he was now to old and instead managed a company for photographers. 

"Hello. Cassidy, isn't it?" Mr. Baites asked me, his voice level and monotone. I nodded, fiddling nervously with a lock of light blonde hair which had escaped from the ponytail I had styled it into that morning. I hoped I wasn't getting fired. I ran over my one month stint at Baines Photographers and could find nothing I'd done wrong. I wracked my brains some more. "How old are you, Cassidy?" 

"I'm eighteen, sir." I replied politely, wondering where this was even going. He nodded, muttering something under his breath. 

"I have a job coming up. I need someone to fill it and none of my more advanced photographers are willing as it isn't a huge job, just a shoot for a popular teen magazine." Mr. Baites said. My heart raced. Was I getting my first proper shoot? "Now, I've heard a lot of good things about you. I've heard you have talent. I want you to take this job." My body burst with joy. I had my first proper job! I was doing my own shoot! By myself!

"Oh thank-you Mr. Baites! I won't let you down, I swear!" I said enthusiastically, standing up. Mr. Baites nodded. 

"I hope not. You'll get an e-mail from my secretary, Julie, later on this week with details. Now shoo, I have a meeting to attend." Mr Baites said, his voice still level and monotone. I nodded and hurried out of the room, my face beaming with joy. I had a job! 

            A few weeks later I stood outside the site of the shoot. It was a small warehouse, nothing much to look at. But I knew inside I would have more space to work with than I ever had done. Despite the ridiculous time in the morning, I was alive and ready to go. I sent the styling teams to the temporary porta-cabins set up outside the warehouse specially for today, loving the feeling of power.

           I led my team into the warehouse to begin setting up. I'd been helping Adam, a shoot designer, to design this shoot as much as I could since I'd found out I'd be doing my very own shoot. I entered the spacious building to see all my equipment set up just as it was aid they'd be. I was happiest with the background though. I'd helped Adam with it. I had opted out of the usual plain white background, adding splatters of colourful paint to it. It was now an array of colours, from green to red to purple. I smiled at it. 

          We spent hours checking everything was set up for when my projects arrived. Believe it or not I had no idea who it was I'd be shooting. I'd been told they were quite high-profile, being very popular at this moment in time. I had gathered it was a group, though that was all I really knew, I was excited whoever it was. At seven am (yes, I had arrived really early, probably around five am) we heard a van pull up outside and I knew they were here. I took a deep breath and walked outside to meet them. 

         I got a glimpse of some boys being pulled out of a black SUV before being ushered into one of the portacabins. There were a small gathering of girls pressed up against the gate which guarded this warehouse, screaming frantically at whoever had emerged from the van. I smiled at their obvious dedication to whoever I was photographing. To have found the location and gotten up so early mustn't have been easy. 

         I finally pulled myself out of my trance-like state and made my way to the portacabin I'd seen my subjects disappear into. A heavy-set and mean looking bodyguard stood outside the door, making sure no unauthorised personnel could get in. He stopped me as I got to the door. 

"ID?" He asked me. I showed him the ID card I'd recieved upon arrival and he obligingly moved aside. The moment I stepped into the cabin I was nearly hit in the face by a flying hair brush. I ducked just in time as the brush smacked into the wall, the plastic handle shattering into pieces upon impact. I stared in horror at the brush which lay broken on the floor. What the hell had happened? 

"Harry! Seriously, those are expensive." Lauren, one of our hairdressers scolded. I looked up to see the room in chaos. I also saw five very good looking teenage boys, who I recognized from all the teen magazines I'd poured over for the last couple of weeks looking for inspirationf or my own shoot today. The five, very good-looking and seemingly very destructive boys were the biggest boyband in the world right now. They were One Direction.