Chapter 21

Hiya guys! So basically this is the last chapter of Picture Perfect, but I'm going to write a prologue when I have time which will hopefully be soon depending on how much school work I get! I've really enjoyed writing this and I hope you've enjoyed reading it!! Thank-you so much for reading and voting and all the lovely comments I've received while writing this, I love you all. Now, please enjoy reading this chapter and give it a quick vote! 

- Kira :) x

I checked my reflection one last time in the mirror. Harry would be here any minute, I knew he would. He said he'd be here in twenty minutes, but I had a feeling he'd be driving pretty fast and would make it here before that. I carefully smoothed my hair again, then fluffed it back up again. I pulled down my checkered shirt, then pulled it back up, feeling to revealed even though I had a black tank top on underneath. I made a frustrated sound on and turned away from the mirror, knowing I would just agitate myself more. I didn't need any more emotion, ever really. I'd had enough of it for a life time.

      The sound of the intercom sent my heart speeding. He was here. There was no going back now. No way to get out of it. It was pretty much done now. The intercom went off again and I went into the hallway to answer it. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"It's me." Harry's voice replied. It sounded sort of shaky. I was sure mine did too. 

"Come on up." I said, pressing the button to left him up. He thanked me then it went quiet. I was sure I would end up being sick. This felt like when I broke up with him. I never wanted that feeling again, but here it was. The dry throat, churning stomach, speeding heart. The Harry feeling. I hated it. But I loved him. Damn it. 

      There was a knock on the door and I jumped, before quickly smoothing down my clothes and rushing to the door. I stopped in front of it, taking a deep breath and opened the door. Harry stood at my door, hair tousled and looking tired. Underneath his eyes was smudged with purple and his face looked pale. He just looked generally tired. 

"Have you been sleeping lately?" I asked automatically. 

"Not really." He said with a wry smile. I pressed my lips together to stop myself saying anything else and stepped away from the door, letting Harry in. 

       In the living room Harry sat down on the sofa. I was going to stay standing, but then I realized we'd be doing the same thing we had when we broke up, so I sat down. Neither of us spoke for a moment. Then Harry broke the quiet. 

"So?" He said, looking over at me. I nodded, though I'm unsure why. 

"I. . ." I started. I was suddenly plagued with thoughts about whether it was the right decision or not. Now was not the time to be second-guessing myself. Harry reached across and took my hand in his. I flinched and began to pull away, but then stopped, letting him hold it. The warmth of his hand surrounding mine was comforting. I inhaled deeply, and started again. "I've made my decision. It took my ages and I changed my mind so many times, but I think this is the right thing. I hope it is." I said the last bit to myself really. 

"Please just tell me." He begged. 

"I want you, Harry. I miss you. I love you. You mean so much to me and I realized that I don't want to be without you. I want you more than I want even my job, and that's saying something. But I realized, it's just a job, and there are plenty of those, but only one of you. I love you, Harry." I let out a small, choked-off laugh. I couldn't really believe I'd said the words, that they'd come out of my mouth. Harry stared at me in shock. 

"Do you mean it? Really?" He asked, his eyes wide with shock, his tone disbelieving. I nodded. His mouth curved into a massive smile. He pulled me forward, cupping my face in his hands and kissed me. Hard. A sense of relief and joy poured over me as I kissed him back, twining my hands in his hair.