Chapter 15

A/N: Hi guys, just a little reminder to please vote! People seem to be reading it but not really voting, so I'd really appreciate it if you could quickly vote :) Don't be afraid to leave a comment either, I love getting feedback from you guys and it really helps if there's something I can improve on! Thanks! 

Kira :) x     

        It was about a week after the New Year's Eve party, and Harry asking me on a date. It was still surreal. I wasn't sure if I believed it, but the memory was so fresh in my head it couldn't possibly have been a dream. I remembered the hallway and the chill of the wall against my shoulders and the feeling of the dress on my skin. I remembered the sounds of glasses clinking and voices and laughter from inside the flat and the sound of screams and fireworks outside. I could still smell Harry's cologne and  how he'd played with my hair slightly afterwards. How he'd stuck close to me for the rest of the night, his hand always on the small of my back or on my arm or wrist. His little smile every time I looked at him and the curious glances we'd gotten from Louis. I remembered nearly every detail of the night from out in the hallway onwards. Before wasn't so clear, but after was. It was like a movie playing on a loop in my head, in HD quality with surround sound. Only better. 

       It was a week afterwards now, and I'd started up work again. Everything was good, except I hadn't heard a word from Harry. I began to think maybe it had all been a big joke, a big cruel joke. The point of it was unknown, why would anyone do that, they were my friends weren't they? They wouldn't set out to hurt me. I knew that. Didn't I? The thought still haunted me though. I knew Harry was in Holmes Chapel with his family, he'd told me. But he'd also told me he'd text or call. So why hadn't he? 

         Restless about Harry not calling after a week, I found myself leaving the comfort of my nice was house, for  Greenwich park with my beautiful Canon EOS 5D Mark III camera taking pictures for the sheer hell of it. It was soothing, maybe it was the familiarity of it, how it had always been in my life. Or the beautiful surroundings, the frosty grass and little icicles hanging from the tree branches. I was sat on a bench, taking pictures of the blades of grass, coated with January frost, even though I'd already taken a few. It was getting dark already, even though it was only three pm. Suddenly, my phone began vibrating in my pocket. I stood up and fished around in my pocket, trying to grab hold of it which wasn't easy as I was wearing gloves. I managed to grab it and frowned at my screen, which read unknown number. I answered it anyway. 

"Hello?" I answered curiously. 

"Hi Cass, it's me." Harry's voice said. I smiled. So he'd finally called. 

"Hi, why are you calling on an unknown number?" I asked. I had his number, so why was it unknown. 

"Long story short, I broke my phone so am now using a replacement until my one can be fixed." He replied. 

"Clever Harry, very clever." I said, laughing. I could see my breath as I laughed, making me suddenly shiver, as if I'd forgotten about the cold. 

"It's not funny, it's completely gone." He complained. 

"How did you break it?" I asked. He was quiet for a moment, before he answered. 

"I boiled it." He said. I burst out laughing. "No, seriously. I dropped it in a pot of boiling water while I was cooking and it's completely broken now. I might even have to buy a new one." 

"Oh my gosh Harry, you idiot." I told him between laughs. I could imagine the annoyed look on his face. 

"Yeah, everyone else has had the same sort of reaction. Anyway, where are you? Are you at home?" He asked.