Chapter 8

It happened so quickly. I heard a noise, looked round, then next thing I knew Harry's lips were on mine. In shock, I pulled away, but Harry's arms wound around my waist and pulled me back in. And I let him. I blame it on tiredness and shock. But now it wasn't just a peck on the lips, it was a proper kiss. I stood, for a moment, shocked, before relaxing and letting myself melt into it, my arms winding around his neck. Then reality kicked in, just to ruin things for me, because in all honesty he was a good kisser and I was quite enjoying it. Even if I didn't fancy him. Or did I? 

     I pushed him away abruptly, unsure of how long we'd stood outside my flat kissing. I took several steps back so my back was against the wall, confused and furious with myself. How could I have let that happen? Harry looked confused but slightly pleased with himself too. His hair looked slightly disheveled and I wondered if I had done that. I had no idea, it was like I'd lost track of time. I forgot everything. Harry looked up at me, confusion and concern in his eyes. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, taking a step closer. 

"Don't come any closer." I snapped. He stopped instantly, still watching me. "I have to go." I turned and fumbled for my key, finally finding it and unlocking my door, still fully aware of Harry watching me. I opened the door and stepped hastily inside, slamming the door behind me. 

     I stood with my back against the door and gradually sunk tot he floor, my face in my hands. What had happened? I ran my hands through my hair, my fingers catching in the curls. I breathed deeply, trying to get a hold on what had happened, but it was like it was blank. My memory swiped clean except for the feeling of kissing him. I cursed myself, even though strictly it wasn't my fault. 

"Er, Cassidy? Are you there?" Came Harry's voice through the door. I jumped up from the floor, startled. I started at the door like it was an alien for a moment, before attempting to calm myself enough to answer.

"Yes. Why are you still here?" I asked him, I took a step closer to the door. 

"Well, if you didn't notice we were kind of just kissing, then you freaked out and ran inside. I wanted to know why." He said. 

"If I wanted you to know I'd have told you." I told him. I heard him laugh slightly through the door. 

"You need to stop with this whole secrets and avoiding questions thing." He said. I understood what he meant. I avoided question frequently, but I didn't really think I was secretive. I just kept myself to myself and let people know what they needed, nothing more. 

"Says who?" I retorted. 

"Me." He answered. I rolled my eyes. 

"Too bad your opinion doesn't count." I replied.

"Yes it does." 

"Since when?" 

"Since you kissed me."

"didn't kiss you, it was the other way around." I said, irritation edging into my voice. It was quiet for a moment and I thought that maybe he'd left, but no such luck. 

"But you let me." It was my turn to be quiet now. There was nothing I could really say in return, because it was true. I stood silently, watching the door, as if it was going to open and he would come in. I wasn't sure if that's what I wanted. 

"It was an accident." I said finally. I heard him sigh loudly outside the door. 

"Fine. Whatever, just..." He said, trailing off. I heard a sort of scraping and a slip of paper was pushed under the door. I picked it up and unfolded it, revealing a series of eleven numbers. His number. And a message.