Chapter 4

I was exhausted by the time I was finished with the shoot, and so were the boys. They had done a good job, and were very obviously tired so I let them go early, seeing as we had more than enough pictures, which I would have to go through and edit, any more and I would be up all weekend finishing them off. The hugged me gratefully, before running off, shouting and hooting as they went. I was left to tidy up all the mess they'd made, which was a hell of a lot for only five of them. After a good twenty minutes of sweeping, scrubbing and tidying, with a little help from my team, I was ready to get the hell out of there.

     As I lugged my bags out of the warehouse to my car I stopped outside the portacabins. The wardrobe cabin was alive with voices and lights, alerting me that the boys were in there. Did I go in and say goodbye? I'd had a good day with them, but if I went in I knew they'd end up either guilt-tripping me into seeing them again or somehow force me into it, and I didn't need that. I didn't need to hassle that I knew came with being associated with One Direction. I had Twitter, I'd seen how badly some of the fans reacted and I didn't fancy being told to die in various ways. 

     Just as I was about to continue to my car, the door of the portacabin burst open and the boys came spilling out, shouting and pushing each other down the stairs. I looked around, but I was in the middle of the car park. There was no where I could go and hide, with only a few cars around, none of which close enough for me to hide behind. Crap. I began slowly backing away, in a hope that if I moved slowly they wouldn't see me. No such luck. 

"Cassidy!" Louis shouted, getting up off the gravel and waving enthusiastically at me. I shifted the weight of my camera bag in my hands to my left side and lifted my right hand to give him a little wave in return. It was pathetic in comparison.

     The other boys were now aware of my presence and they all decided to come over and say goodbye, despite having done so minute earlier in the warehouse. I sighed. My arms ached and all I wanted to now do was go home, finish editting my photos and send them off. If I could do that today, I would be happy. 

"I hope you weren't going to leave without saying goodbye." Liam said, grinning slightly. 

"I was actually, but it seems that plan has gone out the window." I said, struggling to re-adjust the camera bag in my arms. 

"Do you need some help with that or?" Niall asked, gesturing to the bag. I shook my head. 

"I can do it thanks. Listen, I really need to go so unless there was something important you wanted, can you please let me go?" I asked. 

"No one's keeping you here Cassidy, you can leave if you want to." Zayn said with a shrug. 

"Good. Well, it was nice meeting you, I think. Good luck with whatever." I said, beginning to walk away. I felt the camera bag being lifted from my arms and I grasped for it, despite it being heavy. I saw Harry's face appear infront of me. 

"You're going to hurt yourself. Let me help you." He said, slinging the bag over his back. 

"Careful!" I nearly screamed. He winced at my volume and gave me an annoyed look. 

"I am!" He insisted. I rolled my eyes. Because slinging a five-hundred pound camera over your back was being careful. 

     Harry carried the bag over to my worn out blue Ford Fiesta and helped me load it into the boot. Once I slammed the boot shut I turned to him. 

"Thanks." I said reluctantly, giving him a nod of appreciation. 

"No problem." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. I climbed into my car quickly, eager to get away. Just before I closed the car door, I looked up at him. He was still standing in the same spot as he was moments earlier, looking at me. 

"Thanks for the necklace." I said finally. I had said thank-you earlier but was unsure if he'd heard. So now I was repeating it. 

"Just make sure you wear it." He said, looking slightly embarrassed. I closed the door and started up the car. As I drove away I looked into the rear-view mirror. He was still there, watching me drive away. 

      It had been a a month and a bit since my shoot with One Direction. The magazine had been impressed with my shots and so had the company, leading me to have a few more higher profile jobs. Some shoots for fashion magazines, other magazines, adverts. I even did a birthday party. 

      I was in the office, finishing off some editting for a fashion shoot I'd done earlier that week when someone sat on my desk. I looked up to see Alyssa Maddox perched gracefully on the side of my desk. 

        Alyssa was one of the higher up photographers, though she'd started like me, an intern. She'd done several shoots for magazines such as Vogue and Elle, as well as international shoots and even went to New York fashion week. To say I was shocked she was in my office would be an understatement. The other interns in the room peered curiously at my desk. Alyssa stuck out her hand for me to shake. I placed my hand carefully in hers and she shook it entusiastically. 

"Hello, I'm Alyssa Maddox. You must be Cassidy, the intern I've been hearing so much about!" She gushed in her sing-song voice. I nodded, unsure what was going on. It seemed Alyssa could talk for both of us however. "A lot of people have been impressed by your work missy! Including myself, that's why I am here. To talk to you. How exciting is this? Anyway, I am going to this thing, the Jingle Bell Ball you may have heard of it, for Capital FM? Anyway, I need an intern to come with me, and guess who I chose? That's right, you!" She said, speeding through it all and seemingly not pausing for breath. I sat, struggling to keep up with what she was saying. 

"The Jingle Bell Ball?" I repeated. She nodded, grinning like the cheshire cat. 

"Isn't it exciting? Capital have asked us to go and shoot for them! Think of all the celebrities you'll meet!" She trilled, her blue eyes sparkling at me. I knew this could be a big deal. The Jingle Bell Ball was a massive concert in the London O2 Arena, where loads of artists performed. 

"Okay. I'll go with you." I said finally, nodding. Alyssa squealed and clapped her hands, hopping off my desk. 

"Great. I'll come get you for lunch okay? We can talk more about it then. Bye!" Alyssa said, leaving the room as quickly as she came, leaving me confused and stunned. 

           As promised, Alyssa picked me up for lunch and took me to an upscale restaurant in London. She kindly paid for my lunch, if you could call it that. I didn't eat much, but even I found the portion sizes ridiculously small. Alyssa informed me the Ball would take place on the first weekend of December, meaning it was happening in a little more than a weeks time. She told me I would be picked up and taken to the Arena where we'd meet and be taken to our places where we could set up. One of us would take pictures of the acts performing and one of us would be backstage, then we'd swap the next day. I knew that being backstage would mean I'd get to take pictures of the interviews and maybe even meet some of the acts after. 

     When I got back from lunch I had worked myself into a state of excitement. Taking pictures and a free concert. I thought it was pretty good going. I had obviously met some celebrities before, but most of the people at the JBB I hadn't met before. Well, I didn't think so anyway. Realizing I hadn't checked the line-up for this years Ball, I quickly went online to find out. As I scrolled down the list, I became even more exciting. Some of my favourite artists would be there, and I might get to meet them. Then, when I got to the end of the list, I stopped. Or rather, I froze. Inbetween Ed Sheeran and Labrinth, it clearly said two words:

One Direction.

A/N: Please fan and/or vote if you like my story! I really want to know if people like it as it helps me know if it needs some serious improvement or if it's good etc and whether it's worth carrying on! So please if you think it's good give it a quick vote! Much appreciated :)

- Kira :) x