Chapter 14

Fluffing up my light blonde hair, I once more went over my outfit in the mirror. I was wearing a deepish red strapless dress, with gold strappy high-heels, a gold cuff bracelet and gold chain around my neck with  a red stone pendant hanging from it. I had red lipstick on in a shade that matched my dress and a  thin layer of shimmering gold eye-shadow n as well as a little bit of mascara. I'd left my hair down and decided against curling it, letting it hang straight down past my shoulders.Finding my phone,purse, my compact digital camera, and a few other bits and pieces, I threw then all in a gold clutch bag and made my way out of the flat. 

       Fifteen minutes later I was outside the address Harry had sent me, a flat in a very nice complex. I stood out side, my fist curled ready to knock, but I felt nervous. I knew it was going to be a nice party, not some wild house party. He had already informed me of that. I looked fine, I knew, and it was just Harry. But still I couldn't calm the butterflies raging in my stomach, threatening to make me turn around and go back home. I heard footsteps and laughter behind me, and spun around to see who else had arrived. I was surprised to see Zayn and a pretty blonde I guessed was his girlfriend, Perrie, walking down the hall hand-in-hand. 

"Shouldn't you already be in the party?" I called, putting my hands on my hips. They looked up and Perrie gave me a puzzled look, whereas Zayn grinned at me. 

"Well, Cassidy, I'm pretty sure you should be too." He said. Perrie looked between us, a puzzled expression still on her face. Zayn noticed and quickly introduced us. "Oh, Perrie, this is Cassidy, that photographer I told you about." 

"Oh, right. The one from the Jingle Bell Ball?" She asked. He nodded. She smiled at me and stepped forward, sticking out her hand in a gesture for me to shake it. I obligingly took it. "Hi, I'm Perrie. Nice to meet you." I smiled politely. 

"Shall we all go in together then?" Zayn asked. Perrie and I both nodded. Zayn knocked on the door. As we waited for it to open, Zayn leaned over to me. "Oh, and Cassidy, are you trying to give Harry a heart attack or something?" I was about to answer, but the door opened to reveal Harry in a white shirt and navy blue blazer, standing with a drink in his hand. He smiled at Zayn, giving him a friendly hug as he stepped in then politely kissed Perrie on the cheek. I was last to come in. As I stepped through the door, I received no friendly smile or hug or kiss on the cheek, just an open-mouthed stare. He continued to stare even as I entered the flat. 

"Harry." I said bluntly. "Close your mouth, it's not particularly attractive." His mouth snapped shut instantly. 

"Sorry." He mumbled, closing the door quickly. 

       Harry led me further into the large flat to the living room where the party was mostly taking place.  The room was filled with nicely dressed people, most holding drinks in their hands and chatting to another person. I glanced back to check Harry was still with me, which he was. I felt slightly intimidated, not having been to such a big and frankly quite posh looking flat before. Or such a sophisticated New Year's Eve party. I felt a hand n the small of my back and looked to my left to see Harry standing beside me. 

"Are you sure this is a New Year's Eve party? It looks more like the after-party to some sort of big award ceremony." I muttered. Harry heard and laughed softly. 

"You'll fit in fine, don't worry about it. One of us will always be with you." Harry assured me. 

"By one of us you mean...?" I asked. My question was answered by a loud voice coming from behind us. 

"Cassidy!" It shouted. I instantly recognized it as Louis', not even having to turn around to check. He was in front of us in a matter of seconds, grinning. "Well, hello there." I glanced up at Harry but he was just grinning.