Chapter 2

The five boys currently causing various havoc around the portacabin looked up at me as the door slammed shut behind me. I jumped slightly, my already speeding heart beating that little bit faster. I didn't think I'd be photographing someone as big as One Direction, I expected some smaller celebrity, like a new addition to the music word or some competion winner, not a successful (or so I'd heard) international band. I felt myself begin to panic. I knew hardly anything about these boys, except their names, just about, and that they were very famous. What if my shoot wasn't good enough? Thousands of questions flew through my brain, wondering how this would work out. Mr. Baines never thought to tell me I would be shooting these guys! Part of me despised him and everyone else for not telling me about this, giving me time to plan this better and be prepared for what I was facing. Though this explained the screaming girls outside the warehouse. 

       I straightened up as their eyes watched me from their various positions around the room. I had to act professional and in control even if I didn't feel it. They would be relying on me to direct this shoot, if it didn't go well it would be my internship on the line. My career, my future. I had to get this right, after that who knew how many more jobs I would get? Especially with my first shoot being as high profile as this, I could do it, I just had to have faith. 

"Hi. I'm Cassidy, I'll be your photographer for this shoot." I said, trying to suppress the tremor threatening to rise in my voice. I was confident, I was professional. "Do you guys have a minute so I can talk you through what will happen?" 

"Sure, sit down." Said the one I recognized from all the teen magazines I'd been pouring over the past couple of weeks for inspiration, as Louis. 

"No thanks, this won't take long." I said, smiling politely. He shrugged in a suit-yourself manner. "If you could all just sit on the sofa so I can see you all." I said, gesturing to the sofa Louis had spread himself out on. 

"Move your legs Louis." The curly-haired one named Harry said. He pushed Louis' legs aside and sat himself down in the space he created. Louis sat upright allowing the rest of the boys to sit. They all sat on the distressed red sofe, looking up at me expectantly. I wished they would look away, I felt nervous with all their gazes watching my every move. 

"Well I'm sure you've been informed this is a one day shoot, since the magazine is doing a four page spread on you guys meaning there are various outfits to be changed into and such. Once you're ready if you could come into the warehouse. Please be careful not to ruin your outfits, I'm sure the wardrobe department will be grateful, as will I." I stopped to look at them all in turn to make sure my point got across. I noticed they'd begun to get restless, poking each other and whispering. "Basically you will be given some things which you can use as you please. Just mess around and pretend I'm not there, okay? You will also be doing individual shots too, just so you know. That all clear?" They nodded obligingly. "Good, then there should be no problems." I concluded. 

"What did you say your name was?" Harry asked me. I paused before answering. 

"Cassidy." I said. 

"Right. Cassidy. So this shoot will take all day?" He asked me. 

"That's what I said." I replied. "Would you like me to repeat it so you can understand it fully?" His band-mates sniggered. He looked annoyed at how I had adressed him. 

"How old even are you? Surely you're not a real photographer." He retorted. 

"My age is none of your business. And yes, I am a real photographer so you can rest assured." I replied, irritation edging into my voice. Who was he to question my authority? I could tell we were not going to get along.