Chapter 11

By the time I was walking back, arm in arm, with Oliver, the sky was a deep shade of blue, with grey clouds covering up the majority of it. It wasn't that late, but it being winter it made it seem so. We walked along together, our arms heavy with bags of presents. We'd bought quite a lot, I didn't usually buy much in just one trip, but today I'd bought more than usual. Maybe because of five boys I now knew who would probably kill me if I didn't buy them something. Especially a certain curly haired one. 

     It was a relief to get inside my warm flat. I put all my gifts in my bedroom to be wrapped at a later date and let Oliver put his there too. Oliver was one of the few people I'd ever let into my room. Even at my parents house, I had never really let people into my room. It was my sanctuary and always had been, a place where I could truly be myself. Such places were hard to come by these days. 

     After we'd put everything down, I made us both a cup of hot chocolate, with extra marsh-mallows of course. We settled down next to each other on my sofa under a heavy woolen blanket after I'd put on a film for us to watch. 

"What are we watching tonight?" Oliver asked as I pulled the blanket tighter around myself and took my mug from the table.  

"Easy A." I said, grinning up at him. He groaned mockingly. It was one of my favourite films and we watched it frequently together. 

"Again?" He asked. 

"You know you fancy Emma Stone." I teased. He shrugged. 

"Quite possibly."  He said, grinning. 

       About a quarter of the way through the fim my phone began to vibrate violently with text messages. At first, I tried to ignore it, but it kept on buzzing, letting me know more messages wee coming through. I sighed and picked it up to find I had twelve messages. 

5 Messages from: Louis 

2 Messages from: Zayn 

2 Messages from: Liam 

3 Messages from: Niall 

I groaned. Oliver leaned over and looked at my phone, then grinned. 

"I don't know why you're groaning, it's not every day you have multiple messages from the hottest boyband right now." Oliver pointed out. I rolled my eyes and began opening the messages. Each one was basically the same thing: What are you doing for New Years Eve or Harry wants to know what you're doing for New Years Eve. I laughed slightly to myself. Harry couldn't even text me himself to ask? How pathetic! 

"I'm going to call Harry to see what's going on and why he won't text me to ask me himself. You don't mind do you?" I asked Oliver. 

"No problem, could be an interesting conversation. Who knows what you talk about." He said. I smacked him. 

"You know I don't like him like that!" I said, attacking him with a pillow. 

"Who says he doesn't?" Oliver asked. I smacked him again. "Okay, okay, stop now!" 

"You have to be quiet." I said, pressing his contact on my phone and putting it on loud speaker. 

"Hello?" He answered. 

"Hi Harry, it's me." I replied. Oliver mouthed the words mockingly and I scowled at him, putting a finger to my lips to tell him to shush. 

"Oh, hi Cass. What's up?" He asked. I saw Oliver's eyebrows go up when Harry called me Cass. I didn't usually allow people to call me Cass, and people never usually did, except for Oliver.