Chapter 16

Harry called me the next day to check I'd gotten home okay after I'd left the park without him. I sort of appreciated his worry for me, but I could look after myself. 

"I'm sorry about what happened." He said as I wiped down the surfaces of my kitchen. The flat needed to be cleaned and Harry had decided to call while I was in the middle of it. I was quickly discovering that cleaning while of the phone isn't the easiest of tasks. 

"Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault." I told him, adjusting the phone against my ear as it began to slip. I knew this wasn't going to end well, I'd probably drop my phone on the floor or in a bowl of water or something stupid. Not that that stopped me. 

"But you made me feel like it was." He replied. I felt slightly guilty about that. It hadn't been his fault, but I'd acted as if it had. 

"I know and I'm sorry. It was just stressful." I said, finally standing still after nearly dropping the phone numerous times. 

"I know, it must be really hard for you with all the paps and stuff. But I really want to try again." Harry pleaded. 

"Try what again?" I asked. 

"The date. How about dinner at mine, Saturday." He asked. I thought about it. 

"I'm not sure. I'll have to check I don't have any jobs on that day or anything." I told him. 

"Okay, well let me know." He said. 

"Sure." I agreed. "Bye." 

"Bye." He echoed, before hanging up the phone. 

       For the second time in two weeks, I found myself outside Harry's flat. Only this time it would just be me and him, and I wasn't so elaborately dressed. This time around I just wore simple dark high-waisted jeans and a nice top with some nude-coloured ballet flats. Nice and simple. 

        I knocked on the door an it opened quickly to reveal Harry dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans. He smiled at me and stepped away from the door to let me in. I stepped inside and hung up my coat, then turned to face Harry. The moment I did, he kissed me. I couldn't help myself from smiling. He hadn't even said hello yet and he had already kissed me. 

"You should probably check the food. I like my food cooked, not burned or charred." I told him, breaking the kiss. He grinned. 

"No worries, it's fine." He assured me. I rolled my eyes. 

"I think you should double check." I told him. 

"If I idn't know better I would think you didn't want to kiss me." He joked. 

"Who says you know better?" I teased. He frowned at me. 

"You're mean." He replied. 

"And I'm also hungry." I told him. He sighed, kissed me again, then went to go check on the food. 

       Dinner was nice. It turned out Harry was quite a good cook. I never would have guessed. I was going to leave, but Harry asked me to stay for a bit longer. I shrugged and sat down on the sofa while Harry went to get some more drinks. The place seemed different now, with all the furniture in place and not crammed full of people. I liked it. 

       Harry returned and sat down next to me, putting the two new glasses and bottle of wine on the coffee table. 

"Drink?" He asked. I shook my head. 

"I have to drive home and I've already had half a glass Harry, any more and I'll have to take a taxi, and I don't have any money." I told him. 

"You can stay here." He replied. I shook my head. 

"No, I have work in the morning and all my stuff is at home." I said. 

"I'll pay for your taxi then." He argued. I narrowed my eyes at him slightly. 

"Harry, why are you trying to get me drunk?" I asked. He gave me a mildly appauled look. 

"I'm not!" He said. I crossed my arms. 

"Whatever. I don't want a drink." I told him. He frowned, then shrugged and poured himself a glass. 

"So, let's talk." He said, taking a sip from the glass. 

"About what?" I asked. 

"You." He replied. I looked at him curiously. 

"Me?" He nodded. "Why?" 

"Because you know more about me than I know about you." He said. 

"Says who? I don't know that much about you." I replied. He shrugged. 

"It's easy for you to find things out though. So come on, talk." He ordered. I turned so I was facing him a bit more. 

"What do you want to know?" I asked. He thought about it. 

"Well, I know you're age, what you want to do, you're full name. . .how about a birthday?" He asked. I frowned, trying to think of where he knew my full name from. Then I remembered when Oliver was around and he'd shouted it while I was on the phone with Harry. 

"Twenty third of March." I told him. He smiled. 

"Soon." He replied, I nodded. 

"Though unfortunately I'm younger than you. You must be devastated." I teased. He glared at me. 

"Moving on." He said firmly. I took a breath and thought about it. 

"I have an older sister, Courtney. She has two kids, Jennifer and Lucas, they're twins." I recounted. He nodded. "Um, I don't know what else to tell you. There isn't much." 

"Just stuff." He said. "Anything." I pressed my lips together and exhaled. 

"Fine. Stuff it is." I replied. 

       By the time I left, I was exhausted. Harry finally managed to make me have a drink, so I made him call me a taxi. As I went to leave, Harry stopped me. 

"Cassidy?" He said. I turned and looked at him. 

"Mm-hm?" I murmured. 

"Can I call you my girlfriend now?" He asked. A smile crept up onto my lips. 

"If that's what you want." I said calmly. He nodded, then leaned down and kissed me.  

"You're taxi is waiting." He said quietly. I nodded, and turned to leave this time, a smile on my face. I was Harry Styles' girlfriend.