Chapter 5

"Shit!" I exclaimed loudly. Several people in the office frowned at my language and loudness and I shrunk down in my seat slightly. This wasn't good though. I'd narrowly escaped them last time. Now I would probably end up seeing them again. With no hope of escape. I switched off my laptop and buried my face in my hands. Why was everything so complicated?

     I left work early, not having any work to do. I got into my car and began driving home, before changing my mind and turning around. I wasn't going home. Not yet, there was someone I wanted to see first. Someone who I could always talk to. I hadn't seen them in a while but I knew they wouldn't mind. Well, hopefully not anyway. 

     When I pulled up outside the familiar pebble-dash house, I felt slightly reluctant. I hadn't talked to Oliver in so long. He was my best friend, but I hadn't found time to see him. Would he want to see me? I shook off my worries and got out of the car. I knocked loudly on the red door, the one I'd knocked on so many times before. But would I see the same smiling face? My worries were forgotten as Oliver opened the door and a smile spread across his friendly face. 

"Cass? What are you doing here?!" He cried, pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged him back tightly. We were still friends. 

"You have no idea." I sighed, closing the door firmly behind me. 

     Oliver had always been a good listener, and now was no different. He sat and listened as I told him all about the past month and a bit. And how I was now going to have to see One Direction again. 

"I don't see what's wrong with seeing them again." Oliver said, once I'd finished. 

"Because, if I do thing'll get complicated." I said, my voice slightly strained. 

"Why would it get complicated?" He asked. 

"Because celebrities are always complicated!" I nearly shouted. Oliver looked taken aback by my outburst.

"You sound like you had fun. Why don't you give them a chance. Plus, I think Harry likes you." Oliver said, his lips curving into a sly smile at the end. I felt blood rush to my cheeks. 

"No! Of course not, don't be stupid." I said, pushing him. He pushed me back gently. 

"You don't buy a girl you don't like a Pandora necklace. That's bloody expensive. Any girlfriend of mine would be lucky if I bought her chips from the chip shop." Oliver said. 

"That's because you're a cheap skate." I said, remembering the countless times I'd had to pay for things. 

"Yeah, but Pandora is completely different. Even a good boyfriend would be reluctant. And how he was worried about you hurting yourself? And watched you leave? He likes you. With good reason too." Oliver concluded. 

"No. You're wrong. And what do you mean 'with good reason'?" I asked. Oliver shrugged. 

"You're a good looking girl. You're just a generally cool person. I'd date you, if you weren't like my sister." Oliver told me. I frowned. He was winding me up. He had to be. No way did Harry Styles fancy me. 

"So, how are you on the girlfriend front anyway?" I asked, eager to turn the conversation away from myself and Harry's alledged affections for me. 

"Well." Oliver started. I could tell by just that beginning it would be a long conversation. Forever a ladies man.

      After my visit to Oliver's I felt a lot better. Oliver could always make me feel better. I went home and had a relaxing evening, full of watching junk TV and eating hig sugar foods. Though the Jingle Bell Ball continued to creep from the back of my mind into the front. Last year they'd done a photo diary. What if I had to do that? They would undoubtedly find me. Maybe I could hide? I doubted it. I'd just have to grin and bear it, it was all I could do.