Chapter 6

The white and gold ornately decorated room was basked in warmth as a beam of sunlight made its way through a crack in the curtains. Lucy pulled the covers over her head and squirmed around, wanting to sleep a bit longer. Kyubey had already woken up and was pulling the covers over her head.

"Just a little more, Kyubey," Lucy whined.

"Myuu!" Kyubey cried furiously.

"I got it, I got it," Lucy tossed around and slid her feet off the bed as she draped the blanket covers over her. "I'll wake up."

Kyubey sat on the bed with a contented look as Lucy made her way to the washroom. It was their first night in their new house and they had already realized just how massive the property was. It was the size of three apartment buildings combined and with only one person and a pet sleeping in it, it was indeed lonely. It was cold and unusually silent.

"Let's go, Kyubey," Lucy reached over to grab her umbrella.

"Myuu~!" Kyubey jumped on her shoulder and followed her out the door.

Lucy hummed to herself on the streets as she waved to the townspeople here and there, greeting them with a beaming smile. Within a one day timeframe, Lucy had easily assimilated into the town and had won the favor of all of its people. Needless to say, people were still urging her indirectly to pair up with Sting. Before long, the two had reached Sabertooth.

"Good morning, Lucy," one of them called out.

"You look radiant as always today," another cheered.

"Beautiful weather isn't it today?" another waved.

A chorus of greetings was voiced and Lucy greeted them back in the same manner. "Good morning, everyone," she waved at them.

"Good morning, Lucy-sama," Yukino greeted.

"Morning to you, too, Yukino," Lucy sat down at the bar at which Yukino was tending. "I'll have a sandwich if you don't mind. Two."

"Of course," Yukino said and left to make it.

Just as Lucy settled into her seat with Kyubey sitting on the bar, a joyous voice cried out as two arms wrapped itself around Lucy from behind. "Luuuuccccyyyy~!"

"Minerva," Lucy remarked.

"Hey, why don't we go somewhere today?" Minerva suggested, her eyes beaming.

"That's a little sudden, isn't it?" Lucy replied, a sweat-drop forming on the side of her face. "Maybe some other time."

Minerva sulked. "If you say so."

"Hey, Minerva," Orga called her over. "Let's go on a mission."

"It's been a while since we went on one," Rufus joined in.

"Hah?" Minerva glared at them, clearly not happy with their sudden proposal. "Why do I have to go on a mission with you two?"

"Well, I'm running out of spending money," Orga admitted, slightly embarrassed.

"Same here," Rufus hung his head low in shame.

"Then go and get a freakin' job!" Minerva yelled. "A part-time one is good enough for you two lazy people!"

But even as she reprimanded and scolded them, Minerva pulled the two to the request board and began scanning over the missions before pulling one that was relatively suitable for their class and had a fair reward. The three left the guild, the doors closing behind them as they set out for their adventure.

"Those three get along well don't they?" Lucy remarked as Yukino handed her her sandwiches.

"Yes, they do," Yukino chuckled to herself. "Minerva-sama is stern on the outside but she's nice on the inside."