Chapter 36

The previously barren land of Caracole Island that everyone had remembered it by for so long was now a field of bright, glowing flowers that swayed softly in the new calm breeze. The sky was slowly darkening as the stars began climbing upward while the sun made its way downward. The joys of the people were heard throughout as they witnessed the last remnants of the battle, the ship slowly making its way down to the ocean, laying itself there for the rest of eternity.

"We did it," Minerva gasped as tears rolled down her face, falling to the floor. "We actually did it..."

"Mn," Yukino nodded, a joyous smile on her face. "We did it, Rogue-sama!"

"Yeah, we really did," Rogue breathed.

"We won~!" Frosch cheered.

"Honestly, only Lucy could pull this off," Brandish smiled as she held out her hand, a petal falling and nestling onto her palm.

"You mean only those two could pull it off," August said, standing beside her. "Though you might hate to admit it, he is the person who had made everything possible."

Brandish pouted. "Fine...I'll admit it. Just this once."

August smiled and patted her on the head as he looked above at the twilight that was soon to descend upon them, the stars forming a stream like that of a galaxy. His lips curled upwards as he softened the corners of his eyes. The petals cascaded down graceful and not one of them wasn't appalled by how beautiful the scene was.

"It seems like we successfully managed to avoid the disaster," Invel remarked and even he heaved a sigh of relief. "What reckless tactics we used."

"But it's with those reckless tactics that we were able to succeed," Irene grinned.

"Agreed," Mavis nodded her head. "It's good to take risks once in a while."

"I don't need you lecturing me on tactics," Invel glared at Irene.

She flipped her hair. "In any case, this truly is a sight to behold; a sight truly worthy after a long battle."

Zeref couldn't agree more. He looked down at the flowers and Mavis seemed to notice it as well. They didn't think they would ever see this flower again in their lifetime but then again, this flower was a flower that belonged to one specific person and one person only, even among the many gods. It was the flower that grew in Lucy's grace: Perpetua Lilium. Seeing it now, it really was the very definition of the word "beautiful" and it couldn't suit Lucy any better.

"We did it! We actually defeated him!" Gildarts cheered.

Even Fairy Tail was stunned at the fact that they had all accomplished such a feat. The petals continued to cascade down and their eyes reflected the beauty before them. They all agreed that it was truly divine and Sabertooth couldn't help but think that this scene was one of those scenes that Lucy had told them about. A scene that was so beautiful that for humans to even see it in their lifetime, it was almost close to impossible. However, their cries and shouts of joy were short-lived as a loud bang could be heard, the petals of the flowers rustling underneath the impact.

"Why?!" Hades shouted, his long black hair entangled amongst the flowers as he sat there, his head low as his voice shook with pain. "Why, Lucy?! Why did you go so far?!"

They all turned to the person that had made this all possible and as soon as they laid their eyes upon her, they felt themselves turn into stone. Sitting there amongst the flowers, her long blonde hair nestling amongst the flowers, her eyes shining with warmth and relief as a golden light enveloped her, was Lucy. The spell that she had cast remained for the magic circle that had appeared still stemmed from under her. Her face was cracked as more pieces fell to the ground before her before slowly fading away. Her dress was fading away into golden shards and her toes were beginning to as well.