Chapter 7

"You really can't see anything in this weather," Rogue remarked, squinting his eyes.

"You bet," Sting agreed.

The six of them had entered the mountainous areas of the North of Fiore which were covered in snow. Lucy had conjured up clothing for the four of them and gave them fur capes to protect them from the cold. Sting wore a red collared shirt under a white leather jacket with black fur lining the collar and had a pair of black pants with a brown belt. Red bands with white ribbons were wrapped around his arms as he donned a white fur cape over him. Rogue wore a black tank top inside with a short leopard patterned kimono that covered only the right half of his torso. On his left forearm was a dark band. A black sash was tied around his waist and on the bottom, he had on black pants and ankle boots in which his pants were tucked in. Over his shoulders was a black fur cape. Lector and Frosch hid in Lucy's cape while Kyubey sat on her shoulders.

"So, where is this flower?" Sting questioned.

"How should I know?" Lucy stifled a yawn. "I just came along to inspect."

"Then why did you come along in the first place?!" Sting yelled, staring at her in disbelief.

"Because a certain someone desperately wanted me to come along," Lucy replied with one eye looking at him.

Sting gulped.

"But in this weather, I doubt we can find it," Rogue said, walking up to Lucy. "Should we go back to the foot of the mountains again?"

"Ehhh?" Lector whined. "After we came all the way up here."

"That's a lot of work," Frosch added.

"Sorry, Frosch," Rogue bent down to the exceed. "I'll carry you then."

"No, being inside Lucy's cape is fine," Frosch answered immediately with a joyful face. "It's warm and fluffy here."

"Right?" Lector agreed before the two disappeared back into Lucy's cape.

Rogue was left with a heartbroken face as Lucy chuckled silently to herself. She went up to Rogue and tried comforting him.

"Don't feel too bad," Lucy said, a sweat-drop appearing on her face.

"That was the first time that Frosch rejected me," Rogue cried silently.

Sting, seeing how Lucy was patting him and smiling at him, felt a sudden urge to interrupt the two. He grabbed Lucy's hand and pried her to his side, away from his partner. He could see the displeasure on Rogue's face but he didn't mind it one bit. Lucy looked at him questioningly.

"So, should we go back down?" he grinned at her.

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows before gently taking her hand back. "What are you talking about?" she said, as she readjusted the umbrella and walked towards where Rogue was. "This is the perfect weather to look for Perpetua Lilium."

"You must be joking," Sting raised his eyebrow. "In this blizzard?"

She nodded her head in confidence. "In this weather."

"Why do you say that?" Rogue questioned.

"Perpetua Lilium is a flower that only blooms in the snow and it must be where the temperature is the coldest. Even during blizzards and snowstorms, it remains attached to the ground and furthermore, it gives off a glow in this weather."

"It does?" Frosch poked its head out.

"Yup!" Lucy grinned. "That's why this is the perfect weather to go looking for it."

Sting and Rogue paled at the idea of venturing further into the mountains in the current weather but seeing the looks of interest in the eyes of their exceeds as well as Lucy's firm decision to continue, they gave in.