Chapter 14

Upon hearing that Fairy Tail was also to participate in this year's Fall Festival as well, the atmosphere tensed in the room. They were all on edge and it was sensible for them to be. With their previous with Fairy Tail as well as the incident three years ago with Lucy, it was obvious that they had become mutual enemies. For Sabertooth, they hated Fairy Tail to its deepest core. They had changed and they hated their attitude.

"So this year, too, huh?" Sting clicked his tongue.

In the previous years, the Fall Festival had been dominated by Fairy Tail and Sabertooth and it always ended with Fairy Tail winning one year and Sabertooth winning the other. The two guild's parades were what the public looked forward to the most out of all of the guilds.

"Which just means we'll put in our maximum effort," heels clicked against the floor as a pair of gloved arms gently swung around Lucy.

"Minerva," Lucy glanced up at her.

"It seems that we've already begun discussing the plans for the Fall Festival," she smiled in amusement. "This year, we'll definitely be winning. It would be embarrassing if we were to lose."

"You seem definite on winning," Rogue commented.

"Why of course," Minerva said, her face dark and a murderous aura growing around her. "It's about time we teach those snotty and arrogant fairies who they're messing with. Especially after what they did to Lucy," she gritted her teeth and crushed the apple she held in her hand. "They should just be left in the open field for vultures to tear them apart."

Kyubey's eyes sparkled, thinking that it was an excellent idea. "Myuu!"

Lucy sighed, a faint smile nestled on her lips.

"Judging from that tone of yours, did you have already had a plan in mind, Minerva?" Jiemma questioned.

Minerva straightened herself and nodded her head. "Preparations are already going underway," she said with confidence. "After this storm's over, we'll start building the floats for the parade. It's going to be the best Fall Festival that Fiore will ever see."

"We'll see if it lives up to your words," Jiemma grinned, interested.

Minerva smirked and eyed her father. "Never underestimate your own daughter."

The two stared at one another with amused faces, each one filled with excitement at what this year's Fall Festival will come out to me. Amongst the Sabertooth members, one goal was clear and that goal was to completely destroy Fairy Tail in the Fall Festival competition.

"This year will be interesting," Rogue commented.

"Fro thinks so, too~," Frosch beamed.

"Kyubey, there's going to be lots of food there!" Lector shook his hands furiously, his eyes wide and full of excitement.

"Myuu!" Kyubey seemed to also brighten up.

"But it all depends on what place we get, no?" Sting interrupted.

"That's true," Minerva pondered about it. "The plan really only works if we get first place or last place. Though the last place would put us in the best position."

"Then we just have to pray that we get the last place," Lucy answered.

"Huh?" they all turned to face her.

"Sometimes, we just have to leave things up to luck and fate," she twiddled with a strand of her hair. "Whether we get the first, last, or any other place, everything lies in the hands of luck. We just have to wait and see."